Count me in! Kona Sutra. Let the commuting begin.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Count me in! Kona Sutra. Let the commuting begin.

Purchased a "demo" 2012 Kona Sutra with roughly 100 miles on it yesterday from Queen City Cycles in Springfield, MO. Demo model, near new with Mustache bars...$900 + tax.

Moving to town next week. Cutting my daily 130 mile car commute to a daily 7 mile bike commute. Have to find some panniers and a few more winking/blinking tail lights!
    GoatRidesBikes.com
    Goat Rides Bikes @ YouTube
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO View Post
    Moving to town next week. Cutting my daily 130 mile car commute to a daily 7 mile bike commute. Have to find some panniers and a few more winking/blinking tail lights!

Go ahead and buy the schnazziest you can find- with 130 miles per day less gas useage, you`ll pay for your whole setup lickety split!
    I bet you`re happy to be out of the car for that 90 minutes (or whatever) every day, congrats and enjoy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post

Go ahead and buy the schnazziest you can find- with 130 miles per day less gas useage, you`ll pay for your whole setup lickety split!
    I bet you`re happy to be out of the car for that 90 minutes (or whatever) every day, congrats and enjoy.
    More like 235 minutes (about 2hrs 15 mins) per day just wasted, not to mention around $500 a month in gas. Yeah...the return on this move should be pretty sweet. Will be really strange and quite an adjustment moving from 105 acres of peaceful bliss to the middle of the city though...
    GoatRidesBikes.com
    Goat Rides Bikes @ YouTube
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO View Post
    More like 235 minutes (about 2hrs 15 mins) per day just wasted, not to mention around $500 a month in gas. Yeah...the return on this move should be pretty sweet. Will be really strange and quite an adjustment moving from 105 acres of peaceful bliss to the middle of the city though...
    Hopefully there's still some close single track action. I live in downtown Pittsburgh and have a 10 mile ride to some sweet trails. I sure hope you have the similar access in whichever town you are moving to.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

No Stranger to danger....
    the Kona Sutra'' in india they love those bikes, they have written tonnes of books about them.....

Members who have read this thread: 0