commuting tommarow :)- Mtbr.com
    Fat boy Mod Moderator

commuting tommarow :)

more out of necessity at the moment but I've been planning to once the new job stabilized a bit (started last monday and in training right now)

school starts for the kiddies on monday and one of our 2 cars is down... so off I ride ... just tweaked my road bike and took her for a short spin to make sure all was ready after I added the new triple crank (i'm a fatty and we've got a few hills that I need that gearing for vs the classic 42/52 crank)... got the backpack loaded up and the battery for my light on the charger and I'll be ready

it's going to be fun ... as long as I don't get nailed by a car... weather looks good...

on a side note... we don't have any bike rack but I talked to the head guy at the building along with my trainer and he didn't bat an eye in saying "thats a good idea, we'll get one" untill then I have a good place to lock the bike up... I love working for a good company

mark
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

Ovaries on the Outside
    Once you have weathered the worst storm that your area gets, and you still hunger for more commuting, you will officially become a commuter for life. I now pick apartments with a compass, drawing a circle five and ten miles from where I work, so I'm guaranteed a swift and manageable commute.

Two things changed me from a fitness cyclists to a lifestyle cyclist. One is cross country mountain biking, the other is commuting. I hope you share a similar experience.

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    I live in FL... and don't see myself riding in tropical storm/hurricanes very often (har har)... but beyond that rain riding has never been a big issue for me... will be easier once I have rain gear and some fenders....
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

Bedwards Of The West
    It's all about the fenders in the wet. And then you're shopping for a good bag, and then the right jacket/pants, and then you realize that you are completely sucked in to this strange world.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy
    It's all about the fenders in the wet. And then you're shopping for a good bag, and then the right jacket/pants, and then you realize that you are completely sucked in to this strange world.
    A strange, dorky world.

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    i'm a dork... thats ok...

ride in went easy enoug... longer then it should have taken but i haven't ridden much this summer (darn FL heat...) big thing will be the ride home at 11pm... my 6v 12w light is a little on the weak side... saving for a good LED kit
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

Bedwards Of The West
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    A strange, dorky world.

A strange dorky world that slowly molds you into a chiseled specimen of legs and lungs and causes others to wonder at your technical prowess and seemingly unending endurance on the trail and ....in other places.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

No-Brakes Cougar
    Congrats on joining the commuter fold Donalson. It's the only way to travel. I'm proud to be a dorky, but chiseled specimen of legs and lungs!
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary the No-Trash Cougar
    Congrats on joining the commuter fold Donalson. It's the only way to travel. I'm proud to be a dorky, but chiseled specimen of legs and lungs!
    And calloused taint.

No-Brakes Cougar
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    And calloused taint.
    ...and skidmarks. From all the farting.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

Members who have read this thread: 0