• 04-02-2017
    Hoverbike
    Commuting With a Garment Backpack
    Any garment backpack suggestions? It will get warmer and I will need to commute to work in lighter clothes. I have found the "I am run box", Henry wingman, slicks travel bag, and garment pannier. I was hoping there were a couple more options that members have tried. Ideally, backpack is what i prefer and besides suits, I take a lunch and small laptop. Thank you!
  • 04-03-2017
    TenSpeed
    Have you tried to carefully roll your suit up? I roll all of my clothes for work and when I get there, they are wrinkle free. Never tried this with a suit however. I am a back pack/messenger bag/no pannier kind of rider.
  • 04-03-2017
    BrianMc
  • 04-04-2017
    Bimmer74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoverbike View Post
    Ideally, backpack is what i prefer and besides suits, I take a lunch and small laptop. Thank you!

Leave the suit and dress shoes at work.

Carry your shirts and whatever else will need laundering, but just leave the rest wherever it's going to be needed/worn next.
  • 04-04-2017
    Hoverbike
    Thank you for the help! I will probably play with some form your suggestions starting with rolling my clothes.
  • 04-04-2017
    TenSpeed
    Here is what I have done with my clothes every single time. I get them rolled up the same way each time so nothing gets forgotten. Keep an extra set of underwear, appropriate socks and undershirt at work if you wear those just in case you forget, which you probably will at first. I start with the socks rolled inside the underwear, then that is rolled in the undershirt that goes in the scrub top and finally the pants (hospital worker). I then place the tight and clean roll inside a plastic grocery bag and wrap that tightly. If you tightly wrap the clothes and are careful not to get wrinkles in there, you should be good to once you get to work. This allows you to stand the clothes up to save space in the backpack/messenger bag.

I am serious about the spare stuff if you can. Nothing like getting to work and forgetting that your underwear that you thought you rolled is still on the bed. That can make for a really long and uncomfortable day.