Can we talk about cute chicks who ride to the store and not sound depraved?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Can we talk about cute chicks who ride to the store and not sound depraved?

Today at Target, went to unlock my bike by a sign post because there was no room at the bike rack near the entrance. I see a cute chick arriving. She's riding an older GT mt. bike with old school Rock Shox (Judy?). I was riding my dedicated city cruiser, which is a 1998 (?) GT Timberline. Man, if I had locked my bike at the rack I would have commented on her bike and hopefully maybe ask her a few questions, ya know, just to see....

I love seeing girls riding bikes to the store or around town. In the city I work I see many on beach cruisers, but rarely on a real mt. bike.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Very depraved without pictures

mtbr member
    Whether or not your bike is parked next to hers, shouldn't deter you from talking to her. Bikes are a conversation starter, and a good way to break the ice with someone you don't know (yet). No guts no glory.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    How about talkking about the cute chicks that check you out as you pass them by the bus stop on your commute?
    2008 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon
    • OEM Spec

DH.FR.0ne
    No man, chicks on bikes always needs to be talked about. My mate never stops goin on about the girls riding in his area. If you spot a nice girl riding and dont mention it somethings gotta be wrong.

I got a very nice girls number a while back from talking about her bike (white Marin rift)
    Shes probably the coolest chick Iv ever met lol

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    The stranger thing I find about this post is that OP and another person ride their bicycles to Target. The Targets 'round here have bike racks but I've never seen them used and the area around them aren't exactly inviting to bicycles despite the bike lane. Think 45 MPH road with WIIIIIIDE lanes. I can tell you that driving 45 MPH on that road means getting passed like I'm standing still.

All the Targets in SF are pretty much relegated to the suburbs even though a good chunk of their business is from SF city dwellers. SF won't have a Target until 2013.

mtbr member
    Jeffscot: Man, now you tell me...I recently got a new smartphone with a cam. Should have gone all pervert/creep on her with the phone cam!

AptosRider: Haha! So true, so true...story of my life--wait! No, not the masturbbbb,,,

jseko: This Target is in a pretty decent area with a fairly safe zone, except during the weekends. I normally ride to the store during the day when it's pretty dead. They only have one rack, and's it's one of those squiggly ones. People always park in such a way that two bikes can easily hog up the rest of the space. I always park mine by a post that's shady and visible anyway.

Glad to know that others here feel the same way about seeing chicks riding to the store.

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post
    Very depraved without pictures
    Yeah, it must not have happened- you know the rules.

On the other hand, I do think it`s cool that the bike rack in front of any department store filled up. Strange, but cool.