• 01-06-2012
    mtbxplorer
    Calling all commuters-take a picture Wednesday Jan 11
    Back by popular demand in the new year! Please take a picture on your commute Wednesday and post it to the forum here. It doesn't have to be "special", just from your ride. If you don't bikecommute on Wednesday, post a pic from Tuesday or Thursday.
  • 01-07-2012
    waynej437
    That sounds like a fine idea! Will do, but was thinking would roadkill be ok?
  • 01-07-2012
    mtbxplorer
    :p We do not discriminate against roadkill! I think you need 10 posts before they let you upload pix though, so get busy between now & Wednesday!
  • 01-07-2012
    BrianMc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    :p We do not discriminate against roadkill!

Good. Just back from a spin. Off the bike too long. Or not on it long enough when I was on it Kinda feel like road kill. :) Better than being road kill. :D :thumbsup: Better save my strength for Wednesday.

BrianMc
  • 01-09-2012
    ConfederateLawyer
    1 Attachment(s)
    I'm going to be the first one to jump the gun. My commute is usually pretty dark this time of year, which makes photography difficult. But I headed home for lunch today, which gave me the opportunity to take this photo in the sunshine. We just got buried in over a foot of snow, so I planted the bike in a snow berm for this shot.
  • 01-09-2012
    newfangled
    Subscribing so that I don't forget all about this.
  • 01-09-2012
    martinsillo
    If my shower is ready tomorrow I'll be posting a pic!
  • 01-10-2012
    rodar y rodar
    Doh! CF, you`re killing me- that`s gorgeous snow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinsillo View Post
    If my shower is ready tomorrow I'll be posting a pic!

:eek: At least wrap yourself in a towel!
  • 01-10-2012
    woodway
    Hey - don't forget to post the location where the photo was taken!

CL - great photo...where was it taken?
  • 01-10-2012
    bedwards1000
    I almost stopped to snap a picture of the full moon centered in the bike mirror, framed by trees just as dawn was breaking. I didn't bother because I didn't think a smartphone picture would "capture the essence of the moment"...and I was probably right.
  • 01-10-2012
    ghettocruiser
    Overcast. Heavy traffic. Drivers were honking at each other. In the event things are very different tomorrow, I will see what I can come up with.
  • 01-10-2012
    CommuterBoy
    Too dark in the morning... I'll try to get a good one on the way home tomorrow.
  • 01-10-2012
    woodway
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here is my Wednesday morning commute (it's already wednesday here in Taiwan). Walking from my hotel in Taipei to my company's Taipei office. Not a bicycle commute, but the best I could do...
  • 01-10-2012
    mtbxplorer
    Reminder - pack your camera for & take a photo to post Weds.
    OK, bike commuters worldwide, get ready!
  • 01-10-2012
    byknuts
    1 Attachment(s)
    pic's a couple weeks old (natch) but worth posting I think.
    turkey, roasting pan etc were in the front basket, kid in and tree on trailer.
  • 01-10-2012
    martinsillo
    no pics tomorrow :(
    of any kind rodar! :lol:

nice one woodway!
  • 01-10-2012
    mrbigisbudgood
    Stockholm Årstafältet. 2C, melting snow/slush/raining. iPhone pic.

• 01-11-2012
    in2theforest
    1 Attachment(s)
    This little piggy went to the market.
  • 01-11-2012
    bedwards1000
    Crystal Lake, Gray, ME

15 degrees, my hands were numb by the time the sun broke over the horizon because touchscreens and gloves don't mix.
  • 01-11-2012
    cdaddy
    Santa Fe, New Mexico

24 degrees. Nice morning.
  • 01-11-2012
    mtbxplorer
    1 Attachment(s)
    Cool, Bedwards! I used to go by there on my commute when I lived in Harrison ME.

Snowmobile trail commute, Barre VT, 6F at about 7:45 this morning
  • 01-11-2012
    rodar y rodar
    1 Attachment(s)
    Reno, NV
    7:30 AM
  • 01-11-2012
    CYRON10k
    1 Attachment(s)
    A nice little side street commute. Attachment 665733
  • 01-11-2012
    newfangled
    Edmonton, AB
    Still too dark in the mornings and evenings, so I had to go out at lunch again

The trails are so icy that stepping off the bike meant leaving the safety of studded tires, and the very real chance of sliding away downhill and not being able to climb back up. So I was risking life and limb (and bike) to get this. :p
  • 01-11-2012
    jrm
    Hey is that "Roman Red"?
  • 01-11-2012
    BrianMc
    I decided to check out whether the rebuilt Moscow Indiana Covered Bridge would be a good light tunnel.

It was getting dark:

My camera doesn't show it or my lights as well as I see the lights or the bridge. :bluefrown:

<embed src="https://img441.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Pk2vg" width="1920" height="1100" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/><br/>
    <a href="https://profile.imageshack.us/user/BrianMcB">

The joints shook the headlights out of adjustment each pass. Should be the only covered bridge in this set.:D

BrianMc
  • 01-11-2012
    muayteg
    3 Attachment(s)
    Pretty cloudy in south florida. 75 degrees though :D Here she is in my spot next to the redbull machine. And 1 with the guard dog, Diesel.
  • 01-11-2012
    cdaddy
    Lol, Diesel looks like he takes his job pretty seriously.
  • 01-11-2012
    BrianMc
    Nice vintage Lotus, muayteg.

BrianMc
  • 01-11-2012
    wiggy
    1 Attachment(s)
    big dummy and costco
    On the way home from the bike commute today i figured i'd stop off at the local costco with the big dummy and bob trailer and take some things home :)
  • 01-11-2012
    Normbilt
    Rode Past here possibly 200 time in the Last Year, I just noticed this Trail/Road that goes into the Lakewood Forest Preserve. While taking my first Picture Three Deer moseyed by.

Milton Road 1/11/12 by normbilt, on Flickr

• 01-11-2012
    A girl from Seattle
    Awesome pics so far! I wish I had dogs, snow, etc! Here's the view of downtown Seattle from my evening commute:

• 01-11-2012
    Tzvia
    Well, I thought about shooting the L.A. River, but it looks like a big storm drain...
    So I shot the most rare of things in the San Fernando Valley, a MUP! That's right, we have a MUP, a single MUP. I don't use it, but my commute crosses it so here it is:

And here is my bike at that same location, Victory blvd across the street from Pierce College (a Community College).

Sometimes they have goats and cows out at the college farm center in the AM, but not this morning, and it was too dark then anyways so these were shot as I went home this evening.
  • 01-12-2012
    CommuterBoy
    Well a dead phone battery kept me from playing. You've all seen most of my commute anyway :lol:

In a strange turn of events, I saw a Bald Eagle on the way home too... not as quick on the draw as Rodar, so I wouldn't have gotten a pic anyway.

These are great!! keep 'em coming...
  • 01-12-2012
    fux
    1 Attachment(s)
    I have the morning spinning class on wednesdays, so pic is from todays ride home.

Unfortunatley, I missed the sunset by about 3-4 minutes. Pic taken 16.45.

Attachment 665983

No snow, a bit windy and 6 celcius. Very unusual for this time of year here.
  • 01-12-2012
    CommuterBoy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fux View Post

No snow, a bit windy and 6 celcius. Very unusual for this time of year here.

So it's not just us...good to know!
  • 01-12-2012
    BrianMc
    Figures beautiful sunny 10th at 53 degrees. The 11th was rainy but nearly as warm, now the 12th it is that damp cold 30 F and snowing to beat the band. Well it was nice while it lasted.

BrianMc
  • 01-14-2012
    crackerj2
    3 Attachment(s)
    This has been the most pathetic excuse for a "Winter" in a long time. First snow commute of the season comes in the middle of January… WTF!

At least I finally commuted to work with my winter commuter on a day when my LHT would not have been a better option.