Busted!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Busted!

weirdo

Busted!

My wife told me a few days ago that her sister wanted to borrow a couple sleeping bags and asked me to fetch them from the shed so they`d be handy when her sis came by. I shoulda done it right away because I forgot all about it and wifey had to go out to the shed herself today to look for them while I was asleep (night shift). What do you suppose she said when she stumbled onto my boxes of extra bike parts? Ever had to explain why you have a few hundred bucks worth of apparently unused parts hanging around? You know how it goes- "I bet those bars would be great on that bike"... except that they aren`t. Or "Damn- I really need a set of tires like that for X situation". And "I heard this saddle is the best thing since sliced bread"... but not for my butt. And then, "What!?! On sale for $30? I better get a couple to stock up!" All told, you can run, but you can`t hide forever. I usually get the Visa bill and send off a check before she sees the itemized bill, but the evidence lingers on .

Mouth-Breather / Huffer
    Not bike related, but I hid a motorcycle for six weeks that I had been forbidden from purchasing. I'm now divorced. Go figure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    There's a guy that I work with that lied to his wife about a bunch of bike parts that he ordered. When she found out about the charges, he told her that someone must have stolen their PayPal info and charged the parts to their account. He worked on his bike at work so she wouldn't find out. I even helped him make some of the upgrades. He still doesn't know that I know that he lied to his wife, but I found out because his wife told my wife about how they were victims of "Identity Theft". When my wife told me about it, I almost died laughing.
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → В А

weirdo
    Well, at least I don`t feel QUITE so bad now. Good thing I don`t razz her about her purchases- I`d really feel like crap!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    What made the whole thing about my co-worker even funnier is that my wife had no idea what was really going on when his wife told her about what happened. So as she's telling me about it, she's all serious and sympathetic towards them. When I filled her in on the rest of the story she was like, “That is sooo messed up!” I had to make my wife promise not to say anything to his wife about what really happened.
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → В А

Ride Responsibly
    Honesty is the best policy, ours runs a close second?

No-Brakes Cougar
    That's hilarious. My girlfriend is always trying to get rid of "extra" stuff (including my stuff) that is laying around. The thing that women never seem to understand, no matter how many times you explain it to them is that as soon as you throw something out you're going to need it!
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    If my woman ever got on my case about bike purchases...she'll be upgraded too.
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hehe. I'm in a similar spot right now. I'm working out of our home state and told my spouse I was buying a new bike. I actually bought two, as well as several parts. In the long run, she'll be fine with it, but if I try to explain it all at once, it won't go so well....

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    that friends is why you should hide things from your wives
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    My problem with my wife and bike purchases: I can almost always get what I want or need, provided I can afford 2...

I'm SUCH a square....
    You married guys have given me that much more incentive to stay single (divorced 2x); having the nookie isn't worth putting up with the life-support system.

Maybe this is one reason WHY I'm divorced 2x, but I don't explain/justify myself.

Thanks again.

Just got 'white carbon' bar ends for my SS project today -- daughter wants a set, too, now. Oops.
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

weirdo
    NOW you tell me, Bigpedaler. Where were you when I got engaged?

Actually, my wife is usually pretty cool about letting me buy stuff. We always discuss, or at least let each other know before making a big purchase and neither of us has ever just plain said "No". Unfortunately, the little stuff can really add up fast- in the case of my little purchases, it`s the money that adds up. In the case of her little purchases, it`s more of a space issue- I swear the woman can fill up a U-haul with knick nacks for about twenty bucks. Then it`s my crap that gets evicted to make room for wicker end tables, little glass thingies, fancy toothbrush holders and mostly useless kitchen gizmos. Could be worse, I suppose. At she doesn`t have a taste for expensive clothes or fine jewelery.

rob
    slakDawg
    I hide all my stuff in plain sight. Always have a bike in the stand and parts/tools scattered. After many years, it's just added up to a whole room worth of stuff.

Now, my buddy Motoenth needed to stash his newly acquired frame (couple months ago). I ended up building it up late one night and well, felt the need to christen it with a proper teabagging. j.k. of course

responsible zombie owner
    That explains why some people's saddles smell funky. Kinda like ass, but... different.

Members who have read this thread: 0