Built a new commuting bike.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Built a new commuting bike.

Late last year I was building up a bike to use on the Tour Divide this past June. The frame was a Lynskey M290 Large Titanium frame. As it turned out, Foundry made good on a warranty of my Broadaxe with a Firetower and it just really felt good so it became my TD bike and the M290 was sitting there collecting dust. After my limited time on the TD this year, I knew that the Firetower was going to be my bikepacking bike forever which left the Lynskey sitting there trying to fill a void.
    The Lynskey has a Shimano XT rear hub and a Shutter Precision PD-8X dynamo hub in the front both mounted on Stans Arch EX rims. I started with the WTB Nanos that were mounted on it when it was to be "the one". The shifters and derailleurs are all XTR. So as components go, it is close to top end.
    I commuted to work with it the other day and it rides nice. Not as fast as my Giant TCR, but I've been wanting something a bit more utilitarian than a road bike for my tool around town rig. The big Nanos were decent enough but more tire than I want on a commuter. So I picked up a pair of Continental Town Ride Reflex tires and mounted them tubeless. They roll well and have some tread to them so I think that they will work well.
    I already have a frame bag on it so storage is not a problem. It is somewhat light with a carbon fork and fits the bill nicely.
    Help chart the mountains at www.appalachianbiketrails.org

mtbr member
    Then good rides on your ti commuter! Man am I jealous.....

Cycologist
    Nice. Where are the photos?
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    I'll have to take some pictures with the new tires.

Conti Town Ride Reflex tires. They are 700-37 and have decent tread to them. They don't like my stans Arch Ex rims with more than 50 PSI though. I wish that they were wire bead.
    Help chart the mountains at www.appalachianbiketrails.org