Blackburn size

Printable View

• 08-30-2009
    RichardMNixon
    Blackburn size
    I'm looking to put a rack on my Trek 4500 to carry stuff for my commute. The Blackburn MTN rack says it has two sizes; size 2 is for "bigger 26" tires" or something like that. How can I tell if my tires are 'big?'

Thanks.
  • 08-30-2009
    Gary the No-Trash Cougar
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardMNixon
    I'm looking to put a rack on my Trek 4500 to carry stuff for my commute. The Blackburn MTN rack says it has two sizes; size 2 is for "bigger 26" tires" or something like that. How can I tell if my tires are 'big?'

Thanks.

I'm not sure what they mean, but maybe they're assuming (rightly so) that a lot of people commute on skinnier tires and that "bigger 26" tires" would be anything over 2.0" wide?
  • 08-31-2009
    rodar y rodar
    Yeah, I just checked their website and they don`t say a whole lot about fit, but the difference is only going to be in how high the legs are. Higher than neccessary=slightly higher C.O.G. and minutely degraded handling. Too low=rack is sitting directly on your tire, NoGo. I`d say just get the bigger one and you really can`t go wrong. All those type racks have lots of adjustment as far as the upper mounting goes, so you`ll be fine there.
  • 08-31-2009
    umarth
    Email blackburn?