Bikes minus 1 support group- Mtbr.com
    Moderator Moderator

Bikes minus 1 support group

I dropped off my old Kona Kilauea at the bike swap last night. It was a '96 I bought new, it came rigid but the Marzocchi XCR air/oil fork I put on right away still works great. it was a great trail bike, climbed like a goat, but has been living in the basement for a while. I used it as a backup/loaner, but the fatbike is edging it out of even that spot. I'm a bit sad to part with it, but I hope someone enjoys it if it sells today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bikes minus 1 support group-swap.jpg  

Teen Wolf
    tear

best of luck to her!

weirdo
    Bye, Kona.
    I`m sure you`ll be much happier with a new mision in life and back to getting regular exercise, and your first Mom will be just fine after a week or two.

weirdo
    What`s the verdict?

Moderator Moderator
    I have to go by today for my cash/credit, or my bike if she didn't sell.

Moderator Moderator
    She didn't sell, I'll be picking her up tonight. I knew I should have covered up that "Ride Like a Girl" sticker. On to Craigslist next.

CB of the East
    I'm surprised. Around here everything that vintage, in working condition at a reasonable price gets snapped up almost immediately. The last bike swap I went to will probably be my last - ZOO.

I've never been very good at getting rid of old friends as evidenced by my coral. I just keep adding more hooks to the garage.

Moderator Moderator
    I went to the lobos (local bike/outdoor shop) and they couldn't find my bike even though it showed as unsold in the log book for the swap. Just before sending me home so that they could get back to me, they found the tag in the "sold" box. Yay! $250 toy credit!

Still want a fat bike....
    Woohoo!! Gotta love a nice surprise. Congrats!
    I am a man of many words. KCCO!

weirdo
    That was a nice surprise
    It sounds like you, the buyer, and the bike all got a nice deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    I've never been very good at getting rid of old friends as evidenced by my coral. I just keep adding more hooks to the garage.
    As much as I wish I had a garage, that`s why I`m probably better off without one!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    I went to the lobos (local bike/outdoor shop) and they couldn't find my bike even though it showed as unsold in the log book for the swap. Just before sending me home so that they could get back to me, they found the tag in the "sold" box. Yay! $250 toy credit!
    I was afraid to post until the results were in. That is a good deal all around. Hope the new owner will love it as much.

BrianMc

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I think my wife's getting me either a casseroll or a pugsley!
    so no matter which I get it's replacing 2 bikes!

anyone els eon board with dumping excess?
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by byknuts View Post
    anyone els eon board with dumping excess?
    I gave away my mtb over the winter, sold my road bike in March, we passed my wife`s "comfort" bike on to our niece about a month ago, and I have a sale pending on a recumbent I bought last year for my wife to try (didn`t like it). In the mean time, I`ve bought one bike. I also have a motor scooter to go on CL when I replace the lost proof of insurance and registration.

Casseroll or Pugsley? Weird- they`re both very nice bikes, but so far away from each other that I have a hard time imagining being torn between the two of them. Anyway, enjoy!

Still want a fat bike....
    I have a hard time dumping excess. I have my 2002 Kona Unit still and almost never ride it, but I can't get rid of it. It was a promo bike that I got from a sales guy before they were out. No decals and some better parts because he was riding it and showing it off.... well I just can't get rid of it. I am going to sell my Trek Soho S but I think that is only possible because I have only had it for a couple years. Not super attached to it.
    I am a man of many words. KCCO!

Members who have read this thread: 0