• 10-27-2014
    mtbxplorer
    Bikecommuter Relevant Recall - Baby Wipes!
  • 10-27-2014
    Ridnparadise
    Whoda thought cleaning up you $#it would give you the $#its??
  • 10-28-2014
    rogbie
    I can't believe disposable wipes are still a thing. If there is a list of products that exemplify the wastefulness of our culture, "baby wipes" are near the top.

A small wash cloth and a 2 oz bottle of castile soap takes up the same amount of space as a baggie full of waste-wipes, is more economical, and far less wasteful.

Also, this says a lot about the effectiveness of the "anti-bacterial" claims of these products.
  • 10-28-2014
    Sanath
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rogbie View Post
    I can't believe disposable wipes are still a thing. If there is a list of products that exemplify the wastefulness of our culture, "baby wipes" are near the top.

A small wash cloth and a 2 oz bottle of castile soap takes up the same amount of space as a baggie full of waste-wipes, is more economical, and far less wasteful.

Also, this says a lot about the effectiveness of the "anti-bacterial" claims of these products.

Dealing with a ****-covered wash cloth while trying to change a diaper on a baby is not on the top of my to do list.

Please do keep in mind that while baby wipes may not be uncommon among bikecommuters, that use makes up a tiny fraction of the overall usage of baby wipes, for which a wash cloth and some soap is just not a viable option.
  • 10-28-2014
    fefillo
    Bikecommuter Relevant Recall - Baby Wipes!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rogbie View Post

Do you reuse your toilet paper too or you just sh!t directly into your compost bin? As the father of a toddler, my life would have been a lot more miserable if it was not for baby wipes.
  • 10-28-2014
    mtbxplorer
    I do prefer the washcloth method to babywipes for the commute, but without a private restroom with sink, it is no longer practical, as I could not rinse off the soap without streaking through the 3 stall restroom.
  • 10-28-2014
    TenSpeed
    This thread....LOL. WOW!