bike to work week...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

bike to work week...

...and I can't commute at all this week
    This SUCKS! I don't commute everyday, at best I can do it 3 days a week. But this week with the rain and other things that prevents me from commuting, I'm not going to be able to commute a single day this week and it's "bike to work week". What's worse I probably won't even be back on the bike until Sunday when I have a race. This is going to be 1 tough week and an even worse race. I don't go this long without a bike ride in the heart of winter.
    uʍop əpıs ɹəqqnɹ əɥʇ dəəʞ ɹəqɯəɯəɹ pəɥsɐɹɔ əʌɐɥ ʇɥƃıɯ noʎ sıɥʇ pɐəɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

mtbr member
    May 2006
    So go ride in the rain.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott
    So go ride in the rain.
    +1

My mother actually mentioned today at lunch that I have been fortunate enough to not have yet had to ride in the rain. (Only my third week commuting)

I replied with "I can't wait". I got a nice yellow jacket that I wear when I fish in the rain, that I am sure can handle a few drops. I would like some fenders though before it happens, but with FL weather, I don't know if I'll be so lucky.
    "I have one speed. I have one gear: Go." -- Charlie Sheen

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott
    So go ride in the rain.
    So that's what I did.
    What is keeping me from riding to/from or after work is my boy is playing baseball and I don't want to miss any of his games. Family is more important to me than cycling. He had/has games scheduled Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday and the other 2 days we have other things to do.
    But due to the rain his game was canceled last night so I jumped on the cross bike and rode till just after dark in the rain soaked grounds around town, hitting a few streets and paved & dirt walking paths. Ended up getting a nice hard 1.5hr ride in. I'm much better now
    uʍop əpıs ɹəqqnɹ əɥʇ dəəʞ ɹəqɯəɯəɹ pəɥsɐɹɔ əʌɐɥ ʇɥƃıɯ noʎ sıɥʇ pɐəɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I drove my car to work yesterday and biked home. It was a beautiful day, however I woke up this morning and it was raining. I got my 12 miles in though. It wasnt so bad. Im really diggin riding to work so far.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    its also craft beer week. I think the two go together well. I got home and enjoyed a nice craft beer from a local brewery.

mtbr member
    I'll get at least one day in this week. Weather has been horrible.

mtbr member
    I got one good ride to work this week on Monday but yesterday and today have been a bust due to kids' activities after school. My schedule should free up the latter part of the week but we're expecting storms - go figure .

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lextek
    I'll get at least one day in this week. Weather has been horrible.
    I can't stand this weather. I am riding Friday no matter what. If it keeps raining I am going to have to break down and just buy some rain gear.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i had to drive to work today and kept thinking how fun it would be to be on my bike. stupid afterwork obligations!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Today is my 2nd day riding to work this week and my 3rd bike commute ever (my 1st one was last week). So far, I'm diggin' it big time! I won't be riding in tomorrow because we've got some severe weather coming, which is bumming me out.

Also, I found that my legs were significantly more tired this morning than on my commute 2 days ago (I'm a runner, so that plays a part in my leg fatigue, too).
    My garage is a revolving door of bikes, wheelsets, & frames
    www.mtbdeals.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    There's nothing better than being the only guy on a bike when the weather sucks. Its like skiing in the rain; you're the only one out there.
    Last edited by coupon; 06-27-2011 at 06:05 PM.

One Colorful Rider
    EVERY WEEK is BIKE TO WORK WEEK!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I've been really lazy this week, so I've been comuting on my electric bike, which I normally only use for longer rides. I normally just use my old school Raleigh which weighs over a ton.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Normbilt View Post
    here! here!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    wish i could commute to work on the bike, but that is impossible in my case. its only 8 or so miles, but there is only two ways there and both are dangerous. Major freeway or interstate........

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jhollon View Post
    wish i could commute to work on the bike, but that is impossible in my case. its only 8 or so miles, but there is only two ways there and both are dangerous. Major freeway or interstate........
    No option to make it a longer, safer route?
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountfargo.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    yeah i could make it like 30 miles, but in Mobile in the dead of summer, i would be incredibly sweaty and i don't think my co-workers would appreciate it all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Normbilt View Post
    Haven't owned a car since 2003. I kind of have been in the mood for drive to work week( though I'll take a day).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Members who have read this thread: 0