Bike Suggestion

Printable View

• 10-25-2011
    bloodyknee
    Bike Suggestion
    This seems like a good place for this thread, hopefully you guys can help. I've been wanting to add a bike to the collection for tooling around the neighborhood, going to the store, running a few errends, etc. Would want the ability to add racks and panniers so bosses are a requirement. I'd also like to be able to run as a single speed.

I can buy as a frame and build or a complete bike doesn't matter.

Price range is around $400-$500 for a frame or less than $1K if complete.

Thanks for suggestions.
  • 10-25-2011
    Harold
    I built a SS commuter out of an On-One Pompetamine frame. I might have been able to do it for less than $1,000, but this bike kinda needs centerlock disc 700c wheels and so to avoid hassles I had a wheelset custom built for me. that ate up a significant amount of the budget. I wound up spending a good bit over $1,000 on it, though (I'm afraid to do an official tally).
  • 10-25-2011
    bloodyknee
    That looks like it could work. Just read through your post in the On One forum on your build. Who did you order your frame from?
  • 10-25-2011
    Harold
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodyknee View Post
    That looks like it could work. Just read through your post in the On One forum on your build. Who did you order your frame from?

directly from On-One. the glow-in-the-dark paint was only available for a short time. I preordered mine to make sure I got it
  • 10-25-2011
    mtbxplorer
    NateHawk, glow--in-the-dark pic required!
  • 10-25-2011
    bloodyknee
    I'm digging this build. That frame gives you so many options down the road, whether it be a commuter, touring or just a single speed urban bike.

Great suggestion. You could do a lot with color and the white frame too.