Bike lock

Printable View

• 05-29-2014
    JerB
    Bike lock
    Hi Guys

I thought I would ask my question here because you guys might have more familiarity with bike locks.

I do alot of alone biking and when I have to use the washroom I have to leave my bike outset the washrooms they have setup at certain points along the bike path. But seeing as we are the stolen bike capital of Canada I want to start locking things up when I run in to take a pee.

What lock would you guys suggest. I dont want anything to cumbersome that will take up alot of space in my hydration pack.

Any thoughts would be great

Jeremy
  • 05-29-2014
    newfangled
    I like Magnum 3039 U-Lock & Cable - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available

It's a mini so it's portable and reasonably light, and it's pretty cheap.
  • 05-29-2014
    TenSpeed
    I opt for a Kryptonite Kryptolock Series 2.

ProductInformation

If I ride without my messenger back, like down to the store or to hang with friends, I just wear it like this through my belt:

• 05-31-2014
    Bimmer74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JerB View Post
    What lock would you guys suggest. I dont want anything to cumbersome that will take up alot of space in my hydration pack.

What's you bike worth?

How heavy a lock are you willing to carry?

In the university town where I usually live/work, I feel relatively safe, and I use an ABUS Granit X-Plus "54."

In Germany, where I've had a bike stolen in broad daylight from underneath the window of the office where I usually sit, I carry and use an ABUS Granit X-Plus "59" motorcycle lock. I'm not kidding.