• 01-17-2015
    mtbxplorer
    Bigger Bikecommuter Blog: Biking Has No Size
  • 01-17-2015
    Texan-n-Fla
    As a fat guy on a bike, with pretty much the same numbers, I'm all for it.
  • 01-17-2015
    TenSpeed
    I am all for it as well. Sounds like she loves riding, and it is great to see that she gets out there and overcomes some obstacles. I would think that the height would be the bigger issue, no pun intended. At 6'4", there are no ladies style bikes that will fit I would imagine. 21 or 23" mens bike is what you are left with, and sometimes the fit of those is not ideal for women.

I need to show this article to a female co-worker who is the same height, and probably close to the weight. She thinks there is nothing out there for her.
  • 01-17-2015
    Harold
    6'4 is a difficult height to fit, regardless. Not a lot of bike models even come in XXL anymore. Some hybrids come in big sizes, but only the "men's" ones.

Kudos to her for getting out, though.
  • 01-17-2015
    BrianMc
    I am no longer a "Clyde". Both my bikes are > 23". Fit and strength would be issues, for her alright.
  • 01-19-2015
    Carton
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    I need to show this article to a female co-worker who is the same height, and probably close to the weight.

Tread carefully ;)
  • 01-19-2015
    TenSpeed
    I told her about it. She is cool with it. Her height is more what I was getting around to. She said that lady is nuts. She is now pregnant with twins, so riding to work probably is not going to happen for her unfortunately.
  • 01-19-2015
    NDD
    Not being a clyde in any way, I don't face these issues. More power to anyone who faces them and doesn't bat an eye.
  • 01-19-2015
    Carton
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    I told her about it. She is cool with it. Her height is more what I was getting around to. She said that lady is nuts. She is now pregnant with twins, so riding to work probably is not going to happen for her unfortunately.

Glad she took it well :) Yeah, I'm guessing bikecommuting is probably going to be tough for to pull off for a while.
  • 01-26-2015
    snailspace
    An example of how bike commuting can fight obesity and anyone can bike to work if they want to. Being a bike commuter myself I am happier for the most part apart from the occasional rude motorist.