?best waterproof socks- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

?best waterproof socks

I am looking for advice on the best pair of WATERPROOF socks. Plan on using them under sandals during colder rains. I am wondering if they exist - I have the rest of the rain gear/plan figured out, its the feet that remain to be figured out.

Bedwards Of The West
    I have the Gator brand neoprene socks from PricePoint. They were awesome for at least two winters before they started letting a little moisture in right at the bend in the ankle (in a good rainstorm this is where all the water ends up, right above the shoe, below the rain pants).

Are you wearing shorts with your sandals? they don't have a snug cuff...water running down your leg might wind up trickling down into the top...I wear them under leg warmers, with the leg warmers on top, so they hold the sock cuff against the leg.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

Moderator Moderator
    I have some I used all winter over a pr. of ski-type socks (gore brand maybe, but they're old). They didn't look like much to write home about - baggy & a thin double layer, but they made a difference & slid easily into my hi-top bike shoes. Not sure if the lack of elastic-ness of the fabric would make them annoying with sandals or not - if they worked their way down to your toes then your feet would be wet.

Members who have read this thread: 0