Best solution to right pant leg trouser problem?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Best solution to right pant leg trouser problem?

Besides wearing tights, I want to know what the best solution is to wearing loose pants without worrying about getting the pant leg bottom in the chain rings. Tucking it into socks doesn't work so great with ankle high socks. Roll the right leg up? Any other suggestions? Some kind of Velcro wrap around strap?

Moderator Moderator
    Yes, I like the velcro strap with bright & reflective material, but see http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...98#post8001798 for a couple pages of ideas.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'm a fan of the velcro ones, usually reflective and less than $5 at any bike shop. Rolling up the pant leg works well too on days I forget the velcro one.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountfargo.com

mtbr member
    Thanks for the link. I figured it must have been mentioned before. I didn't search far back enough. A mod can delete this.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Trouser clips. Cheap in Decathlon (Europe)

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Definitely agree with mtbxplorer and JAG410.
    I have it for both legs and wear with tights just to be safe.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Definitely agree with mtbxplorer and JAG410.
    I have it for both legs and wear it with tights just to be safe.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I've just been rolling my pant leg up...Rolling both up can get one mistaken for a hipster though.

For Velcro straps, pull all the loose material to the outside and fold it down if you're like me and wear some baggy Carhartts or similar.

Another trick, pull all the loose material to the outside and fold it down before rolling the leg up if you want to draw all the material close to your leg. You'll need to roll it at least twice to make it stay. You can pull the opening slightly bigger as you roll it up without it falling apart.

dirtbag
    Roll up your right pant leg. Takes a couple seconds and at no cost.

I always misplaced the velcro staps when I used them.
    Amolan

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Tight roll them stone washed guess jeans, baby! Both sides. Just don't forget the high tops and swatch though, or it won't work. This works especially well if you're commuting on a Schwinn Predator to your job at the cassette store.
    "You know you're stupid when your own brain doesn't even try to protect the head that it's in." -P nut

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I was looking for a cheap solution and found one at a discount store... joggers LED armband. It's adjustable and stretchy band lets you get around your shoe (or it's a bit easier if your shoe is off). it lights up too and on an LED and small battery it lasts a long time.

https://www.outdoorgeardepot.com/jump.php?id=499779

Which way? Uphill.
    I've done the tight pant roll, big binder clips, velcro straps; but my favorite is what I got when i went to the Tour de France a few years ago. The caravan threw these out at one point and I snagged one.

It's basically a reflective slap bracelet and works great.

Your local grocery store might have slap bracelets in their little $0.50 toy machines, try there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best solution to right pant leg trouser problem?-pants-holder.jpg  

Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    The straps are great. As a quick cheap easy solution, I once forgot my straps and used a rubber band. It worked really well.

Members who have read this thread: 0