Best commuting upgrade?

Printable View

• 01-04-2017
    joshhan
    1 Attachment(s)
    Best commuting upgrade?
    Something I've been kicking around for a few years now, finally went out and got it put together.

Attachment 1113759

Shutter Precision dynamo hub + B&M IQ-X light.

The throw on the light is amazing. And no more worrying about lights being charged or being caught out too late with no lights at all.
  • 01-04-2017
    Harold
    One of these setups is on my commute upgrade list, but I'll probably get a SON hub and a blinkie that ties in.

I currently use a Magicshine setup with front & rear lights tied in to the same battery. Yeah, having to think about the battery and its charge can be annoying. Also have to deal with the bulk of the battery, so have to use a larger seat bag than I like, in order to fit the battery. All the cables on the battery setup are thicker, too. Uglier. With the finer cables on the dynamo setups, I'd probably make use of the Shimano Di2 external routing tape to clean up the appearance of a dynamo setup without zip ties or excessive wrapping.
  • 01-04-2017
    joshhan
    External routing tape? I'll have to look into that. Although, I did have it built on a Crest wheel just in case I wanted to swap it on the MTB for whatever reason. Hmmmmm.