best bag setup for commute.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

best bag setup for commute.

hi guys,

my commute is only 7.5km each way, but i dress in business attire (LS shirt, trousers and Size 11 shoes.)

i am looking for a bag and rack setup (to keep a backpack off my back to stop sweating) which i can comfortably fit my clothes into. Its almost winter in Perth atm, but it does get warm here the rest of the year!

i am currently riding a 2007 Haro V2 with Maxxis slicks.

cheers
    wicksey

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    it depends on what you want to spend. there are great setups for hundreds of dollars and there are equally good setups for 50-120. REI (an outdoors store here, not sure if you have it) makes Novara brand panniers and racks, they look pretty good, you could probably get them online.
    Let The Good Times Roll

Ovaries on the Outside
    Man, I feel like I could use more information here. Like, do you have a shower at your place of work (or nearby)? I personally use a messenger bag for my commute because of its portability when I need to carry things off the bike and because it leaves my bike without the racks. I wonder if you can get a suit bag to fit in one of those huge roll top cycling bags without wrinkling your gear? If you have a decent locker you could also bus/drive in one day and leave a week of clothing in the locker and not have to worry much about a bag/rack at all?

Bloody Bastard
    No rack for me. I carry a digital camouflage ACU assault pack with a reflector belt wrapped around the outside. I usually only carry my quick fix tire tools (multi-tool, Co2 pump, guage, slime, levelers, etc.) extra clear/dark lens for Oakley M-Frames, lunch, a Camelbak, wallet, cell phone, gel packs, and a change of clothes (I shower at work so I don't have sweaty balls all day). The backpack has some heft to it and I do sweat, but I welcome the extra weight on my back for other reasons.

Members who have read this thread: 0