backpack pain- Mtbr.com

Thread: backpack pain

Jun 2006

backpack pain

what is the best position for a backpack? I can,t get used to a backpack with my back, I am slightly kyphotic,, maybe thats the reason. any tip or help?

thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Put it up high on your back so when you're laid out over the bike it's resting on your back and not tugging on your shoulders. I ride with a large Chrome bag and it's so nice.

President, CEO of Earth
    I used to get back pain when carrying a pack. Now I ride with a rack and panniers and I enjoy cycling more.
    "Newfoundland dogs are good to save children from drowning, but you must have a pond of water handy" - Josh Billings

Jun 2006
    i used to use a seat post rack and fitted a shoe bag (funny i know) i think i go back to it

Dec 2004
    the answer is an xtracycle trailer. You can haul all kinds of stuff with no back pain

PM Me for Wood Fenders
    When packing it and not using my panniers, I opt for any day pack that has a waist band on it and loosen the shoulder straps enough so most of the weight is on that strap, not the shoulders. The shoulders are just keeping it from sliding to the right/left. When I go into the drops, the bag just lays down, when sitting more upright, the load shifts to the waist strap. Minimized/eliminated any shoulder fatigue.
    The wood is being bent! Let me know what you need!

Members who have read this thread: 0