Awesome site to map out your routes- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Danarchy.
    Reputation: IWantanFBody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    107

    Awesome site to map out your routes

    This is a pretty cool site that I found. You can map your own routes and figure out the distances as well. I've used it to find a route to my job which I'll hopefully be getting this Summer and it comes out to roughly four miles through somewhat of a urban area.

    Try it out and see what you think.

    WalkJogRun.net
    No one can ever slow me down
    I'll stay unbound
    -Avenged Sevenfold

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,816
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantanFBody
    This is a pretty cool site that I found. You can map your own routes and figure out the distances as well. I've used it to find a route to my job which I'll hopefully be getting this Summer and it comes out to roughly four miles through somewhat of a urban area.

    Try it out and see what you think.

    WalkJogRun.net

    How's that different than using Google or MSN maps?

  3. #3
    Danarchy.
    Reputation: IWantanFBody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by crashedandburned
    How's that different than using Google or MSN maps?

    I've used Google maps before and you can only map out point A to point B etc. and it pretty much decides the best route for you based on what you put in . What is cool about this site is that you decide where you want to go and it tells you pretty accurately the distance. Try it out, I recommend it.
    No one can ever slow me down
    I'll stay unbound
    -Avenged Sevenfold

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantanFBody
    I've used Google maps before and you can only map out point A to point B etc. and it pretty much decides the best route for you based on what you put in . What is cool about this site is that you decide where you want to go and it tells you pretty accurately the distance. Try it out, I recommend it.
    In Google Maps, click on the path way and move it to where you want it.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmucker
    In Google Maps, click on the path way and move it to where you want it.
    That or use the "Distance Measure" tool.

  6. #6
    Outrageously happy
    Reputation: Roeland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    71
    It is good. I'm more likely to use it for planning training routes than commuter routes. But it is easy to use, the output is applicable, and the use model is one we are all familiar with.

  7. #7
    dirtbag
    Reputation: ranier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,458
    I've used mapmyride.com It allows you to notate stops, places of note/interest and log your miles/routes. The maptool is basically a Google map, which is great.
    Amolan

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.