Arkel vs. Jannd

Printable View

• 08-14-2010
    jeffgothro
    Arkel vs. Jannd
    I've owned the Jannd paniers and there pretty nice, I've heard the quality has slipped over the years though, and I've did a Google search and I happened to come across the Arkel bags, they seem a little more expensive than Jannd, but they look really well made. Does anyone have any experience w/ the Arkel bags, they any good, and, are there other brands I could consider?
  • 08-14-2010
    cleo
    I've been using the Arkel briefcase for the past 4 years, about 5000 miles of commuting, and it's held up great. I did have to patch it in one spot where it rubs the rack, but they provide additional material for just such an issue (also, their support is very good, never put on hold). The stitching is still 100%. In addition, I have two of their big-capacity bags, also four years old (their current equivalent offering is the Utility Basket). They too have performed flawlessly. I've used them a lot less then the the briefcase, but have toted 25lbs+ in them numerous times, as well as the odd glider bike for my son, and no complaints. Also, their products were made in Canada, so almost local... I would buy again.
    So far as Jannd goes, I only have a saddle bag, and it seems well made, but so far as the rest of their line, I can't say.
  • 08-14-2010
    Ziemas
    Arkel is top notch in quality, design, and customer service. Their mounting system is also extremely well designed and works perfectly and is dead stable.
  • 08-14-2010
    jeffgothro
    Thanks allot guys. :-)