Anyone use the TransIt Metro pannier?- Mtbr.com

Nov 2007

Anyone use the TransIt Metro pannier?

Looks like it could be a good deal at $39.

Might make a good commuting book bag/briefcase for both work and school. Wondering if anyone here has used it and what your thoughts are on it.

How much can you carry in it?

Any issues with heal strike with this bag?

Jul 2006
    I have one...you can get a good deal in it if you pack smart. Generally I carry a shirt, some jeans and occasionally shoes in it with a little space to spare. It's a nice pannier, it's built pretty good. But it's not a high dollar bag.

You could definitely fit a couple of binders and books in the bag. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's a little difficult to get on and off the bike...but for the price it's a pretty minor gripe.

The bag is shorter than most...I've never had an issue with heal strikes, if you have really short chain stays on your bike it could be an issue...but if you move it all the way back on your rack it shouldn't be a problem. I've used it on a mountain bike as well as my cyclocross bike and i've never had any problems!

Jared

I got nothin'
    I bought one late last year. Seems to be made well, but I had to return it because I had heal strike. I adjusted the rack and bag back as far as they would go but had no luck. I ended up the the Transit Panniers.
    I ride at ludicrous speed

Members who have read this thread: 0