Any product that adds flat platform to SPD pedal?- Mtbr.com
    방랑외국인

Any product that adds flat platform to SPD pedal?

I upgraded my MTB pedals and put the old M520s on my around town/road bike. I really enjoy having the pedals for dedicated, longer rides, but I still want to be able to ride my bike casually with flip flops and normal shoes.

Is there a lightweight platform that clips on to the SPDs that I can remove and install at my convenience?

thanks!

nocturnal oblivion
    There was talk of this a while back. I had pointed out that I'd seen plastic flats on Shimano SPD's, I think they put them on shop bikes for parking lot test riding. A buddy had a set of the M520's that had them, I was curious and found that they could be removed and reinstalled although it was a bit of a pain. They're just a plastic flat that has the (plastic) SPD cleat on the bottom.
    I'd ask at your LBS, they might toss them out by the handful. Otherwise you could rig something up. Find a thick, tough plastic and add on the cleats. Make the body big enough that you can grab it and twist it off by hand though! It'd be ghetto, but it'd work.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

Maaaaan
    Flat on one side and a SPD on the other.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...24+Pedals.aspx
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

mtbr member
    I've been using these for over a year, great when you want to jump on your bike and head to the beer store when your wife isn't looking!

My car has a Park

nocturnal oblivion
    ^^^Those are the ones. The plastic plate is removable, just twist it hard like it were a shoe. You'll then have two sided SPDs.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Shimano PD-M324 Clipless/Clip Pedals

Quote Originally Posted by stumblemumble
    ^^^Those are the ones. The plastic plate is removable, just twist it hard like it were a shoe. You'll then have two sided SPDs.
    I found them uncomfortable to ride with, even just a few miles to the park/shop. They are very narrow so don't really support you foot very well.

I ended up getting some Shimano PD-M324

I am very happy with them.

R

Members who have read this thread: 0