Any Body Use a "Tokyo Bell"?- Mtbr.com
    I Have Cookies

Any Body Use a "Tokyo Bell"?

http://www.tokyobell.co.jp/english.html

These are their offerings I really like the Crystal Bell. I saw one on a bike @ my LBS today on a bike in for service. Really cool looking lowprofile mechanical bell.
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

No-Brakes Cougar
    I use the Rotary Bell in black. It looks cool and can be run in either direction with your thumb. My girlfriend uses the Crystal Bell in pink, works the same way. It's plastic though, so it can get toasted easily in a crash.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

I Have Cookies
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary the No-Trash Cougar
    I use the Rotary Bell in black. It looks cool and can be run in either direction with your thumb. My girlfriend uses the Crystal Bell in pink, works the same way. It's plastic though, so it can get toasted easily in a crash.
    Sweet! where did you get them from?
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

No-Brakes Cougar
    Quote Originally Posted by ae111black
    Sweet! where did you get them from?
    We got ours at REI.

EDIT: They also have a 20% off coupon right now

I got nothin'
    I have the Incredibell which happens to look exactly like the Chibi maru bell. It's very loud for such a small package.
    I ride at ludicrous speed

mtbr member
    Thanks for the thread, ae111black.

This makes me feel better about one of the nerdiest add-ons I have.

I don't have one of these or a look alike. I have a very cheap POS 'Bell' that is painted to match the frame and hide the logo. Works OK. These look nicer.

I added a bell to meet the law since some motorists in Indiana got out of their blatant traffic errors in car-bike accidents because the cyclist was not fully legal, even though the violation was not a contributing factor.

I found it great to signal joggers and walkers especially those in my neighborhood. Much nicer than shouting "On your left!". They all smile when they hear the chirpy ring ring on my approach. Who can't smile back who has ever ridden a coaster bike so-equipped? I never though I could induce so much joy just riding by.

Money well spent. Weight penalty's not much and well worth it. However, I have not seen another bell on any local bike ridden by anyone over 12 and only one other in the HFH 500 in Minnesota last summer.

So it looks like this too, is not evidence of my insanity. Unfortuanately, not evidence of sanity, either.

weirdo
    I want a mini cow bell.
    Recalculating....

Moderator Moderator
    As a kid, always had the spring loaded one with the american flag emblem on top, I think I've seen them for sale still. Have not seen the cowbell version, Rodar, I think you are on to something. The one I have now is the incredibell also...not on bike currently, but its handy for big group rides like charity rides, where you're passing a bunch of people.

No-Brakes Cougar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer
    As a kid, always had the spring loaded one with the american flag emblem on top, I think I've seen them for sale still.
    Yes, these are still available. I've also seen them with many other different designs!

~Disc~Golf~
    Honestly... ahh I give up

I Have Cookies
    I think I'm gonna get the purple one from REI. Thanks Gary for the tip and the 20% off !

____
    Kimo

No-Brakes Cougar
    No problem man. Just a word of warning, the plastic ones aren't as loud as the metal ones, but get the job done none the less.

Bedwards Of The West
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar
    I want a mini cow bell.

I want another human on my commute so I can justify a bell. I guess it would work for deer... I give deer the ol' cowboy 'tsk 'tsk out of the side of my mouth if I don't think they hear me coming on the 'cross bike. The knobbies on the mountain bike are enough to scatter them well before I get there most of the time.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

Members who have read this thread: 0