Alternative ??? Transportation- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Idea! Alternative ??? Transportation

Commuting Forum Description/subtext-- "Alternative Transportation."

Define alternative: unusual, different, unconventional, out of the ordinary, marginal, unorthodox.

Perhaps 'regular' commuters will never consider us otherwise, but in this little corner of the world at least, can we come up with a more hopeful adjective to describe this forum?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    how about "independent transportation" as we're free of dependency of fuel, parking or mass transit.

Anyway, I'm an intermodal commuter, riding from 4 miles from home to the train, and then 5 blocks to work. It gets me there fresher than if I rode all the way. Going home I do a scenic loop to make a nice ride of, and also do errands on the way.

Appropriately enough they've renamed my home railroad station. It's now an "Intermodal Transportation Hub" (Amtrak, commuter RR, buses, taxis, (and bikes). I hate bureaucratic nonsense (it's a RR station), but in this case they seem to have some insight.
    fb
    www.chain-L.com

The key to solving any problem is to understand and address the underlying cause.

mtbr member
    "Transportation"
    "transportation by bicycle"
    "better transportation"
    Last edited by dcc1234; 08-03-2009 at 06:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc1234
    "Transportation"
    +1
    adjectives are subjective.
    you add one, someone else will add another, next thing you know we're arguing over all mountain or xc or retro or freeriding or jra.
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

weirdo
    Think of it as ALTERNATING your downstrokes from one pedal to the other.
    Feel better now?

The fact of the matter is that most people commute by automoblie, bus, or whatever other kind of engine/motor driven means. The minority who make other choices really are using alternate transportation methods. Let em call it whatever they want- it doesn`t hurt anything and it makes us special

Members who have read this thread: 0