• 11-02-2014
    mtbxplorer
    30 Ninjas stopped in 1st hour
  • 11-02-2014
    rodar y rodar
    This makes me remember a thread from about a year ago, linking a story where a similar "sting" had taken place in the eastern US. One of the alleged perps was some kind of department head at a university and claimed that requiring lights on bicycles was somehow making cycling too complicated or inaccessible for the masses. A nickel for anybody who can remember his exact quote- it was bizarre enough that we had fun with him for days!
  • 11-02-2014
    KentheKona
    Good, I'm so F&^@ing sick of all the hipsters and felon bar bikers that are either too cool or too stupid to follow the rules of the road. I'm so sick of them riding against traffic in the bike lane and acting like I'm the dick for not going into traffic to pass them. I'm sick of waiting at a light with cars and getting buzzed on the right by some hipster douche on his single speed with one/no brake (gotta look like a "fixie" even if it isn't) and that horned frame a$$hole just blasting through the red light. Its so bad between these two groups, most drivers I encounter don't know how the heck to handle me since I signal, use lights, and follow traffic laws. Crush their bikes and beat them with the u-lock.

That said, I wish they'd do a sting of drivers driving in bike lanes and breaking other traffic laws.

I just wish everyone would follow the damn law, its not that hard.
  • 11-02-2014
    TenSpeed
    Now imagine looking like one on a fixed gear bike, but not acting like one. Following the rules of the road, stopping at lights, signaling, etc. That's where I am.
  • 11-02-2014
    KentheKona
    I have a fixed gear bike too. I like riding it, I like how clean and elegant it looks. I just know when I see one to assume the person riding it is a jerk. I'm very happy when I see other cyclists that follow the rules of the road. I instantly like the person even without talking to them haha.
  • 11-02-2014
    NickandBruce
    Sounds good to me.

I wish they'd post up at intersections on our MUP and ticket people in bikes and cars not following the traffic signals.

If you have a yellow, proceed (with caution). If you have a red, stop. Anything else just creates confusion and encourages conflict.
  • 11-03-2014
    ghettocruiser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cambridge news online
    One cambridge news online reader thought police were being too soft. He suggested: "confiscate the bikes, make the owner attend the police station with newly acquired lights to fit before they get the bike back. 7 days, no lights, crush the bike.

I resolved never to read the comments section on articles like this.

So what do they do? They take the most over-the-top comment and put it in the body of the article.

So... I now resolve never to read articles like this?
  • 11-03-2014
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    I resolved never to read the comments section on articles like this.

So what do they do? They take the most over-the-top comment and put it in the body of the article.

So... I now resolve never to read articles like this?

Sadly, I think you're being optimistic in your assessment. This may not be the most over-the-top comment they received. Wonder if the same person would sign-on to permanent confication of cars driven by anyone convicted of a DUI?
  • 11-03-2014
    ghettocruiser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    Wonder if the same person would sign-on to permanent confication of cars driven by anyone convicted of a DUI?

The police actually had a widely-criticized media stunt here a few years back when they seized cars that had been modded for street racing and ran them over with a backhoe.

I don't think they'd be comfortable doing that to cars that had been driven with burned-out head lights.
  • 11-03-2014
    KentheKona
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    Sadly, I think you're being optimistic in your assessment. This may not be the most over-the-top comment they received. Wonder if the same person would sign-on to permanent confication of cars driven by anyone convicted of a DUI?

I'd be all for it. Locally, we had this woman get 2 DWI's in 3 hours.

Woman charged with DWI twice in 3 hours had prior convictions

I'm sure she'll be back on the road within days since driving is a right and us cyclists are just jerks getting in the way of that right.