which from this 3?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

which from this 3?

i live 4 miles away from work, so i was thinking about getting a commuter bike, not really in a rush, been looking at CL for a while but seems that the asking prices and what I'm willing to pay for their bikes is an issue.. so one of my LBS have some clearances, any known favorite? thanks!

2011 specialized crux $1000
    Specialized CruX Elite (56CM RED/BLACK/WHITE ONLY) - Skagit Cycle - Anacortes & Burlington, WA

2014 giant any road 2 $1,150
    Giant AnyRoad 2 - Skagit Cycle - Anacortes & Burlington, WA

2013 specialized secteur disk $900
    Specialized Secteur Sport Disc Compact - Skagit Cycle - Anacortes & Burlington, WA

mtbr member
    1st Id go test ride all of them and see which was most comfortable to you. All are good bikes imo.
    I checked out the Giant before and i remember there being tons of room if you wanted larger tires but the rear rack mount was odd.

And i actually just bought that same Secteur a week ago. you can see it in my thread here.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/commuting/exc...de-915867.html
    front and rear rack mounts. Good weight, disc brakes, I really love it and am very satisfied with that purchase. Ivee put 100+ miles on it and its everything i could have wanted. Fast and comfortable. It does have bb5's and id rather have bb7's but thats just a quick caliper change if it really bugged me that much. I know the blacked out thing is played out but it has just red on it. All my friends comment on how sexy my bike looks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    thanks for that link, its a sweet looking bike for sure..went to test ride, but that sector is the last one and it was still in the box so the shop got to build it, I'm going later during the week to test ride, the shop kinda talked me out of a more "race" bike like the crux, to something more cyclocross, seeing that ur a heavy guy at 240lbs, how u feel the sector handles around uneven surfaces and such? u think wider tires would be better like in a cross bike? i rode a trk tricross felt good, but components seemed kinda flimsy for $1200.. thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by joel787 View Post
    the shop kinda talked me out of a more "race" bike like the crux, to something more cyclocross
    The CruX is a cyclocross bike....

mtbr member
    The 28's are actually working out quite well. Now would i take them "gravel grinding", or whatever me personally I dunno. I havent done it but id fell more comfortable on a larger tire. The 14's come with 30's on them and im positive a 32 would fit. 28's are fine for me on just regular road riding.
    Have you looked at this bike
    Specialized AWOL - Skagit Cycle - Anacortes & Burlington, WA

Fits up to 29x2.1 tires, all steel, sturdy, weight wasnt to horrid considering material. Wanna say the one at the shop was 28lbs. I was going to buy this bike but they pulled out the sectuer and i couldnt pass on a deal like that. Its 1200 so maybe its on the top end of your budget but worth a look.

Members who have read this thread: 0