29er tube?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 29er tube?

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    81

    29er tube?

    What tubes are compatible with a Gravity G29? Will any 29 inch tube do? What are some cheap purchase options if I can wait?

  2. #2
    I'd rather be on my bike
    Reputation: TenSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,749
    Any 29er tube will do. Check with your LBS, sometimes you can get a discount if you buy in bulk. One shop here does buy 2, get the 3rd half price.
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    824
    Yep, any 29er tube will be fine. Just make sure you get the right valve type, presta or schrader.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    24,078
    You could actually use a 26" tube in a pinch, only thing you have to look out for is to use the right size/width, so if you've got 2.2" tyres, you don't want to use a tube for 1.5" tyres, as they just don't stretch that way much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

  5. #5
    jrm
    jrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,401
    ive always used 26" tubes on my 29ers but use 700c specific tubes if im running 700c tires.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12,083
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    You could actually use a 26" tube in a pinch, only thing you have to look out for is to use the right size/width, so if you've got 2.2" tyres, you don't want to use a tube for 1.5" tyres, as they just don't stretch that way much.
    i HAVE USED 1.5 INCH TUBES IN 2.35 INCH TIRES WITHOUT A PROBLEM.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    24,078
    OH WELL, GUESS YOU WERE LUCKY, I HAVE TOO, BUT IF YOU DON"T WANT TO CHANCE IT, YOU USE THE RIGHT SIZE!

    BTW, why are we shouting?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post
    i HAVE USED 1.5 INCH TUBES IN 2.35 INCH TIRES WITHOUT A PROBLEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12,083
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    OH WELL, GUESS YOU WERE LUCKY, I HAVE TOO, BUT IF YOU DON"T WANT TO CHANCE IT, YOU USE THE RIGHT SIZE!

    BTW, why are we shouting?
    aLL TUBES GET THINNER AS THEY STRETCH, AND THAT CAUSES THEM TO BE A LITTLE WEAKER.....BUT NOT MUCH.

    mAYBE YOU CAN GUESS WHY i AM SHOUTING.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post
    aLL TUBES GET THINNER AS THEY STRETCH, AND THAT CAUSES THEM TO BE A LITTLE WEAKER.....BUT NOT MUCH.

    mAYBE YOU CAN GUESS WHY i AM SHOUTING.
    Will this fit my Gravity G29?

    For Bike Bicycles Schrader Inner Tube 29 x 1 95 2 125 48mm | eBay

    Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - Gravity 29 SS Single Speed 29er Mountain Bikes

    What does the 48mm mean?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    228
    48mm is the length of the valve stem.
    don't tell me, "Show Me " !

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    439
    If you have the Schrader valve (as shown on the Gravity page), that tube should work.

Similar Threads

  1. 29er inner tube
    By Beerbaron in forum 29er Components
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 06:17 AM
  2. 29er XC inner tube?
    By Paragon1,555 in forum 29er Components
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 10:47 AM
  3. 29er inner tube strap
    By Litemike in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-13-2011, 04:40 AM
  4. Somebody hit me with a 29er tube!
    By Redmon in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 06:24 PM
  5. 29er size tube?
    By Setra in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 07:42 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.