29er Meta AM, so sick looking- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2017

29er Meta AM, so sick looking

Seriously awesome looking updates to the Meta AM, this time a 29er version. I'm digging the paint job and re-engineered seat tube.

Does anyone know when the 2019 lineup will get released? What changes are planned for the Meta TR? I've been saving up for one, maybe I'll just wait for the new version

https://www.bikerumor.com/2018/04/18...-wagon-wheels/

mtbr member
    Pinkbike 30 second sell video cited September before it hits the market.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Commencal said the 29er Trail is also due out in September. 130 in the rear. 140 or 150 up front.

mtbr member
    yeah, too sick!

mtbr member
    Meta am 29 is now live on the website with three build kits for preorder with September availability. Bike looks great but tipping the scales at 35 lb.

mtbr member
    Can't wait to hear more ride reports later in the year. This could be my park b*tch for next season!

mtbr member
    Ya, I was seriously debating this one couple weeks ago but couldn't see how to buy it in the US... was only available in Europe. So then decided on the Meta AM V4.2 2018 model. Just got it few days ago too.

mtbr member
    So none in the wild yet?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    So disappointed there is no low cost version in the US. No origin model or anything. I was hoping Commencal would be aggressive in competing with YT and Canyon, but it doesn't look like it. Looks like I am priced out of getting another Commencal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    So disappointed there is no low cost version in the US. No origin model or anything. I was hoping Commencal would be aggressive in competing with YT and Canyon, but it doesn't look like it. Looks like I am priced out of getting another Commencal.
    Looks like they do have some type of black friday deal going on. There's a count down too... I'm curious what they've got.

Otherwise, they still got 2017 models at pretty good prices... $2499 or 2017 Meta v4.2 Race or a 2018 V4.2 Trail Origin for $2099
    AM -> 2018 Meta AM v4.2 :rockon:
    Trail -> 2017 Moto Hal5 :arf:
    XC -> 2014 Trek Wahoo 29er HT :headphones:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    In my opinion, their pricing is VERY competitive for a direct-to-consumer model. For $3-4K you are getting a modern long travel 29'er with top of the line suspension components.

mtbr member
    Just noticed the Brushed Silver frame option was pulled from the US site. Bummer.

-Ron.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Anybody riding one of these yet? I'm strongly considering one and would like to here some feedback. I've read the pinkbike and vital reviews and they paint them kind of differently.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALS650L View Post
    Anybody riding one of these yet? I'm strongly considering one and would like to here some feedback. I've read the pinkbike and vital reviews and they paint them kind of differently.
    Yep. Just took delivery of my SRAM edition. Made a couple of changes/upgrades and absolutely loving the bike. It's my first 29er and there's nothing it can't handle. Literally point and shoot and the bike does the rest. It's quite heavy, but pedals well and has heaps of grip. Don't expect any climbing records, but will get you to the top no worries.

29er Meta AM, so sick looking-img_5478.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BT180 View Post
    Yep. Just took delivery of my SRAM edition. Made a couple of changes/upgrades and absolutely loving the bike. It's my first 29er and there's nothing it can't handle. Literally point and shoot and the bike does the rest. It's quite heavy, but pedals well and has heaps of grip. Don't expect any climbing records, but will get you to the top no worries.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5478.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	358.1 KB 
ID:	1245309
    I actually bought the same bike, but haven't been able to ride it yet because it's still winter here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BT180 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5478.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	358.1 KB 
ID:	1245309
    OMG that's a delectable looking bike! The fact that it's a 29er, what bike size did you end up fitting? I'm debating if I should upgrade. I've got a AM v4.2 27.5 and love it but wonder how a 29er would feel.
    AM -> 2018 Meta AM v4.2 :rockon:
    Trail -> 2017 Moto Hal5 :arf:
    XC -> 2014 Trek Wahoo 29er HT :headphones:

mtbr member
    I actually bought the same bike, but haven't been able to ride it yet because it's still winter here.
    Noooo! What a tease. If it's any consolation, it's been raining here for a few weeks, so riding for me has been very limited also.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrFreelancer View Post
    OMG that's a delectable looking bike! The fact that it's a 29er, what bike size did you end up fitting? I'm debating if I should upgrade. I've got a AM v4.2 27.5 and love it but wonder how a 29er would feel.
    Yep, she's definitely a looker! I came from a medium Canyon Strive CF, but went the large Meta. Feels bang on. I'm about 5'10.

mtbr member
    Commencal USA has the Meta AM 29 Ride on sale at 21% off or $2,199. Would welcome feedback from current owners on this build. Looks like a good value. Obvious potential short coming would be NX 1x11, but I just sold a 1x10 Deore Stache 5 (29x3.0). I had no problem with my 1x10 and don't think I'd be missing the Eagle.

This would be my single bike with trips to Central Texas (RPR, Spider Mtn, Waco) and Bentonville. We have aggressive trails here in DFW and no long elevation, so i think I could live with the weight. I'm riding for fun and fitness with a schedule that allows me to ride 2x/week. The Meta TR 29 might be better suited, but my size isn't available and I like the forgiveness I had on my Stache. Appreciate any thoughts. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Hey guys, could any of the owners chime in on maximum seatpost insertion?
    Looking hard at a frameset and this is the only thing holding me back from clicking the buy now button.

Also those that have airshock, is the bike "poppy" enough? I have read some opinions about it being handful to get in the air but those were all with a coil and I'm planning on float X2.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I think max seatpost insertion will depend on frame size.

I wouldn't call it poppy, but it isn't too bad to get airborne. It takes a bit more effort. I think with the air shock you could tune it to be more like that with volume spacers and playing with pressure. I'm still figuring out how to ride the bike, someone with more miles on theres may have better input.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    I think max seatpost insertion will depend on frame size.

I wouldn't call it poppy, but it isn't too bad to get airborne. It takes a bit more effort. I think with the air shock you could tune it to be more like that with volume spacers and playing with pressure. I'm still figuring out how to ride the bike, someone with more miles on theres may have better input.
    Yeah, I wish all manufacturers provided the max insertion, especially now with long droppers readily available. I have 185mm revive on my stumpjumper that fits perfectly all the way in... after I filled away some welds inside the seat tube...

And thats exactly my thinking about the air shock, especially with x2 being so adjustable.

Now if only I could find Large frame in stock.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    I ordered my Meta AM 29 Ride Last night and its suppose to arrive Thursday! I'll try to give a review after riding it around for the weekend!