2019 Meta TR British Edition 29 - Page 3- Mtbr.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 401 to 444 of 444
  1. #401
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    19
    93-95kg rider weight with gear.
    2 runs so far, shock seems abit dead, but grippy. Want more pop. Removing token this ride (0.6), strugling using full travel, 25% 280-psi.

    Tune dnzr large british ed.

  2. #402
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jabber127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by skjelven View Post
    93-95kg rider weight with gear.
    2 runs so far, shock seems abit dead, but grippy. Want more pop. Removing token this ride (0.6), strugling using full travel, 25% 280-psi.

    Tune dnzr large british ed.
    Weird. Why would we have different Tune IDs? Mine is a large B.E. as well. Also, I think Commencal recommend 30% sag for the Meta range.
    Commencal Meta TR 29 British Ed. // Commencal Absolut

  3. #403
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    19
    Thanks for the input guys! Interesting to see what Commencal recommends - I'll write when Commencal customer service gets back to me.

    Seems like your shocks (jabber127 and skjelven) have the same tune other than one has the code "LRL" and the other "LRM". I'm guessing that is the low speed rebound tune: LRL for light and LRM for medium?

  4. #404
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jabber127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtb_late View Post
    Thanks for the input guys! Interesting to see what Commencal recommends - I'll write when Commencal customer service gets back to me.

    Seems like your shocks (jabber127 and skjelven) have the same tune other than one has the code "LRL" and the other "LRM". I'm guessing that is the low speed rebound tune: LRL for light and LRM for medium?
    I think you're probably correct. Thought I'd find it here, but no luck:
    https://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspe...s-1075842.html

    Interesting thread either way.
    Commencal Meta TR 29 British Ed. // Commencal Absolut

  5. #405
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    125

    Demo Ride 2019 Commencal Meta Trail 29

    I missed the British Edition, but I did get to demo ride the Meta TR 29. Fun bike.

    Name:  YT-Thumb-Meta-Trail-29-400.png
Views: 558
Size:  93.7 KB

    Here is my demo ride on YouTube:

    https://youtu.be/dx0YDWCaSQs

    The Meta TR has the new modern geo stance and feel ... long, big bike with lots of stability on downhill.

    Yet it had a fun side too. It liked to run, pop, and pick up speed.

    Like the steep seat tube for climbing (felt like Stumpy).

    Meta Trail is a strong value for sure.

    BTW, want to test ride your favorite bikes before you buy (or just see what it feel like)?

    I got to demo 16 bikes for $105 total.

    Did a YouTube video on HOW I did it here:

    https://youtu.be/T_hpTAe5jPI

    Some cheap ... some rode for free.

  6. #406
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    19
    Wierd indeed the different tune. Did you get i ala carte or donedeal?
    Mine was the 2019 BE ready to ride.

    I think commmencal could do a better job with some of the info, websiste says;
    FOX FACTORY DPX2, 210 x 50 mm, lockout, rebound, compression. Volume Spacer: 0 Compression: Medium

    Mine hadd a 0.6 spacer, as tune tells.

    By epost commencal comfirmed that the wheelset had centerlock, but it came with 6 bolts.

  7. #407
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PhoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtb_late View Post
    I am looking to upgrade my Fox Essential build's stock DPS shock to a DPX2 taken off of a Santa Cruz 5010. I will of course take the shock to a Fox service to have it tuned correctly. I asked Commencal for the correct Fox tune ID, but thought I'd ask for a second opinion here.
    What shock tune are you guys running on your Meta TR 29 with a DPX2 shock and how are you liking it? I weigh about 85kg (~190 pounds) and ride quite a lot of natural trails with roots and rocks together with some bike park days every now and then.
    I'm 190 geared, i'm running a 210x55 DPX2 with custom tune code DHHF. Ordered from Fox, not Commencal. I ride fast natural rocky trails with jumps. It feels pretty dialed to me, I'm right in the middle of the range on the low speed and rebound clickers.

  8. #408
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    19
    Commencal got back to me regarding the DPX2 tune for the Meta TR 29:

    "
    Here you have the exact specs of the DPX2:

    2019, FLOAT DPX2, F-S, K, 3pos-Adj, Evol LV, 210 x 50 mm, 0.6 Spacer, CM, LRL

    For optimum performances you have to stick on this settings, they are Commençal approved!
    "

    So basically, medium compression and light rebound tunes together with a 0,6 spacer as far as I understand the coding. Not sure what "F-S" and "K" mean however, but they seem to be mentioned on all of the tunes.

  9. #409
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    19
    F-s factory series
    K kashima

  10. #410
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    776
    2019 Meta TR British Edition 29-img_20190613_193948986.jpg

  11. #411
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    776
    Meta TR 29, Vancouver Island edition.
    xl frame, factory DPX2 shock. Lyrik fork at 150. Renthal fatbar 40mm rise, Anvl 50mm stem. Turbine crankset 170mm. xt der, xt 11-46 cassette. 28 tooth oval ring Oneup switch. Hadley rear hub, Hope front hub, LB carbon rims (32 spokes, Sapim race, brass nips; 5 year old wheelset 1700g) Zee brakes, 200mm front rotor, 180 rear. 200mm 9.8 dropper post. MM SG front tire, DHR rear DD casing.

    tried Problem Solver adaptor to lower water bottle cage, no go. there is no mistake with Commencal's bottle mounts, it only fits a small bottle no matter how you position it.

    i'm a bit confused about geometry figures by Commencal. i have an accurate digital angle finder and with multiple attempts, i'm getting a 65.4 or 5 degree head angle and a 74 degree STA at full post extension. very different from stated.

    this photo is of a clean, dustless never ridden bike (other than round my street). it's going to be a long day at work tomorrow waiting to ride at end of the day. it fits and feels amazing, a bit bigger than my 2015 Smuggler, but not like a monster bike (Pivot Firebird 29). stoked.
    Last edited by cunningstunts; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:43 PM.

  12. #412
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    64
    How tall are you, and how long are your legs, man??

    Regarding the angles. The specified HA is for 130mm fork and 150 mm one rakes it out by nearly one degree, so that is ok. But the seat angle should in this case still be 75.5 degrees at the height on the head tube. At your height it could be lower.

  13. #413
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    776
    6 5, 210 pounds, 37 inch inseam. long and lanky. love the 200mm dropper post. that actual seat angle is very slack, really moves the seat back as it rises.

    not a judgement or commentary on how it rides though, that's coming this weekend. it feels bomber strong and is dirt bike heavy to boot.

  14. #414
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by s-master View Post
    How tall are you, and how long are your legs, man??

    Regarding the angles. The specified HA is for 130mm fork and 150 mm one rakes it out by nearly one degree, so that is ok. But the seat angle should in this case still be 75.5 degrees at the height on the head tube. At your height it could be lower.
    where do you get the idea of Com using a 130 fork anywhere? they only offer 140 or 150 fork options on any Meta TR models.

  15. #415
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by cunningstunts View Post
    where do you get the idea of Com using a 130 fork anywhere? they only offer 140 or 150 fork options on any Meta TR models.
    In the geometry chart fork length is given as 541mm. That somewhat corresponds to 130mm fork. A2C of 150 forks is approximately 20mm more.

  16. #416
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    19
    Allright, 6 or 7 rides on the Meta TR

    Just like a few before me have been saying, nice bike.
    Its a good climber, but abit slower than i was hoping for. It might be the soft hans damf, ill might try another type later.

    Grip2 damper i so nice, not bestbud with the shock yet. I lack a bit of pop from it, and its skipping on the shatter.

    Got some paint in my knees on the early rides, the frame made place my feet abit vide. Think i was afraid for heelrub and that made me to wide, corrected this now. No issues with the heelrub, but knees might sub the link from time to time.

    Did not like the feel or color/looks from the renthal grips. Swapped on some black deathgrips and guide brakes to clean up the cockpit. Remote will be placed on the brake when i get the parts.

    This it looks way better with blackbrakes and grips.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Meta TR British Edition 29-tp29.jpg  

    2019 Meta TR British Edition 29-tr292.jpg  

    2019 Meta TR British Edition 29-tr29.jpg  


  17. #417
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by s-master View Post
    In the geometry chart fork length is given as 541mm. That somewhat corresponds to 130mm fork. A2C of 150 forks is approximately 20mm more.
    that's super strange, given the fork options on these bikes. very misleading.

  18. #418
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    776
    what shock pressure are you guys running? i'm 215, 220 with full gear, and running 288, way more than i expected. using a shockwiz to figure out the final settings. the DPX2 takes 350 max pressure. i use 220 on my Patrol with monarch deluxe.

  19. #419
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jabber127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by cunningstunts View Post
    what shock pressure are you guys running? i'm 215, 220 with full gear, and running 288, way more than i expected. using a shockwiz to figure out the final settings. the DPX2 takes 350 max pressure. i use 220 on my Patrol with monarch deluxe.
    The DPX2 has an EVOL air can, which has a huge negative air chamber; this requires a higher air pressure to get to the correct sag. I'm 210lbs geared up and I think I'm at 255psi.
    Commencal Meta TR 29 British Ed. // Commencal Absolut

  20. #420
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by cunningstunts View Post
    what shock pressure are you guys running? i'm 215, 220 with full gear, and running 288, way more than i expected. using a shockwiz to figure out the final settings. the DPX2 takes 350 max pressure. i use 220 on my Patrol with monarch deluxe.
    I weight about 205-210 fully kitted up and run about 290 psi. I thought this was high as well, but it's what I needed to get the sag right. I asked the mechanics at my LBS and they said this is normal for the DPX2.

  21. #421
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    19
    I just had my second hand (unused) DPX2 Performance tuned by my local fox service and fitted on to my Meta TR 29. Basically it is the standard tune recommended by Commencal so a medium compression and light rebound tunes together with a 0,6 positive air volume spacer. The Fox service technician recommended a touch more high-speed compression damping when he re-shimmed the damping and one size bigger negative air volume spacer. Bigger negative air volume spacer helps reaching sag with less pressure --> I am getting 30% sag in attack position with 220 psi (I weight 190 pounds with gear).

    The shock's stroke limiter was also changed from 5 to 2,5mm so I now have a 52,5 mm stroke and I guess the rear travel now bumps up to around 135-136 mm from the original 130.

    After a couple pedally rides (no bike park action yet with this setup) feels pretty darn good compared to the original DPS shock which wasn't bad by any means. Good support and bottom out control without ramping up too quickly for my taste. Rear end also feels more supple compared to the DPS.

  22. #422
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PhoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    135
    I'm running 16mm sag, my shock pump says 210PSI but take that with a grain of salt as I recently discovered the gauge started reading inaccurately. Otherwise I've been riding a ton, in fact just got back from a big shuttle day. Still loving the bike, it does everything I can ask for. I just got a hero7, i'll upload some shreddits soon.

  23. #423
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoS View Post
    I'm running 16mm sag, my shock pump says 210PSI but take that with a grain of salt as I recently discovered the gauge started reading inaccurately. Otherwise I've been riding a ton, in fact just got back from a big shuttle day. Still loving the bike, it does everything I can ask for. I just got a hero7, i'll upload some shreddits soon.
    How is the 55mm stroke shock working for you? Do you feel like the BB is dragging too low? Obviously the shock's mid stroke support plays a big role there.

    I was also thinking about trying out a 160mm air shaft on the fork. I am not sure though whether the longer fork together with the longer rear travel would mess up front-rear balance completely as the bike would be pitched upwards quite a bit compared to stock setup.

  24. #424
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    19
    I thought I'd show my bike as well now that I've got it pretty much set up how I like it. So it's a large Fox Essential model with a custom tuned DPX2 Performance 52,5mm stroke shock, custom 32 hole Hope Pro 4/DT XM 481/DT Competition race wheelset, Schwalbe Addix soft tyres and some Hope flat pedals. I will be adding a pair of red DMR Deathgrips to match with the other small red details on the bike.



    Weight with pedals is a little north of 15 kg (~33 pounds).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Meta TR British Edition 29-img_20190622_194103-1-.jpg  


  25. #425
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PhoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtb_late View Post
    How is the 55mm stroke shock working for you? Do you feel like the BB is dragging too low? Obviously the shock's mid stroke support plays a big role there.

    I was also thinking about trying out a 160mm air shaft on the fork. I am not sure though whether the longer fork together with the longer rear travel would mess up front-rear balance completely as the bike would be pitched upwards quite a bit compared to stock setup.
    No issues, I only really notice the low BB on technical climbs where I might smack a pedal or the chainring if I get sloppy. Pretty sure i'm gonna stick a bash guard on for a little more protection down there soon enough. I'm also riding smallish SPD pedals, big flats would probably encounter the ground more often. I don't think the 160mm fork would be a huge deal, how often are you fully bottomed out? The bike looks good, get out there and slap some berms.

  26. #426
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    64
    There are new 2020 bikes on commencal site. TR 29 are just 300€ more expensive than 2019 models, for the similar spec. And no option on new Shimano groupsets. Bad value for money, imo. On the other hand. 2020 AM essential looks nice. New slx, fox 36, dpx2, for 3200€. This spec on TR would be awesome.

  27. #427
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    34
    I saw, and imo 2019 colors are better too

  28. #428
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    28
    Agreed! New colors and graphics on the top tube are horrible.

  29. #429
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtb_late View Post
    How is the 55mm stroke shock working for you? Do you feel like the BB is dragging too low? Obviously the shock's mid stroke support plays a big role there.

    I was also thinking about trying out a 160mm air shaft on the fork. I am not sure though whether the longer fork together with the longer rear travel would mess up front-rear balance completely as the bike would be pitched upwards quite a bit compared to stock setup.
    You'd only notice the longer stroke on the rear shock at full compression since it doesn't actually change the BB height. As for the 160mm fork, Commencal indicates a max axle to crown that rules out a 160mm on paper. I don't know that it would really cause any issues but I guess they could deny a frame warranty if they found out somehow. I've got the british edition and I'm thinking about bumping the shock stroke to 55mm at my first rebuild and maybe going 160mm on the fork as well. I've raced an enduro in stock form and it handled it better than I thought it would.

  30. #430
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PhoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by subyguy View Post
    Agreed! New colors and graphics on the top tube are horrible.
    Colors are way better than most but I wish they would ditch the decals.

  31. #431
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by subyguy View Post
    Agreed! New colors and graphics on the top tube are horrible.
    UGH, Man am I happy I went with a 2019... These 2020 colors aren't very appealing.
    Think I need an Absolut this year, wish I could still get a L 2019 in the states, like the Burgandy more than the antique white color for 2020.

  32. #432
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    28

    Agreed. Decals Need To GO

    Looks like the old graphics from an 80's Nintendo game.

    Name:  T and C.png
Views: 101
Size:  154.7 KB

  33. #433
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by msedly View Post
    You'd only notice the longer stroke on the rear shock at full compression since it doesn't actually change the BB height. As for the 160mm fork, Commencal indicates a max axle to crown that rules out a 160mm on paper. I don't know that it would really cause any issues but I guess they could deny a frame warranty if they found out somehow. I've got the british edition and I'm thinking about bumping the shock stroke to 55mm at my first rebuild and maybe going 160mm on the fork as well. I've raced an enduro in stock form and it handled it better than I thought it would.
    Yeah, you are right, longer stroke won't make that much of a difference to the BB height. I was calculating that the bike would ride some 2mm deeper around the sag point (30%). Now that I've been riding my bike both with a 50mm stroke shock and the 52,5mm stroke more recently, I can't say I notice any difference. More of a mental thing, I guess.

  34. #434
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtb_late View Post
    Yeah, you are right, longer stroke won't make that much of a difference to the BB height. I was calculating that the bike would ride some 2mm deeper around the sag point (30%). Now that I've been riding my bike both with a 50mm stroke shock and the 52,5mm stroke more recently, I can't say I notice any difference. More of a mental thing, I guess.
    True. Probably a noticeable difference at the full 55mm stroke too. This bike really handles itself well for only having 130mm in the rear. Do you notice the rear shock handling rougher descents better? I guess that with a longer stroke you could back off the compression damping a bit and make the rear softer to handle that kind of stuff better.

  35. #435
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PhoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    135
    Maybe over thinking it a bit? Either way i'm super happy with the DPX2, it was pretty much set and forget. The trail mode feels pretty good for flatter trails too compared to older Fox stuff which felt more peaky off the top in those modes.

    Where's the TR riding vids?? Here's a quick pre-4th beers lap from yesterday.


  36. #436
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3
    Any riders around 5'6" with a 30" inseam have any sizing input for me? Their size chart puts me on a small, but some other bikes with fairly similar geo suggest a medium. I'm thinking the seat tube length is the limiting factor here, but I'd love to hear from someone my size that owns one.

  37. #437
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoS View Post
    Maybe over thinking it a bit? Either way i'm super happy with the DPX2, it was pretty much set and forget. The trail mode feels pretty good for flatter trails too compared to older Fox stuff which felt more peaky off the top in those modes.

    Where's the TR riding vids?? Here's a quick pre-4th beers lap from yesterday.

    DAMN, those are some SICK trails! Haven't got anything that nice near me... Please share more!

  38. #438
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jingleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    323
    deleted

  39. #439
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jingleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Homeritius View Post
    Dear all, long time only reader, now I post if I can help.
    I have a medium frame base model 2019 TR, and I'm using the 170mm OneUp dropper. Completely inserted, the exposed part is 47mm, giving roughly 255mm from collar to saddle rail. This is the absolute maximum insertion for the 170mm, since if I try to insert it even lower, the actuator get jammed in the seat tube, and the cable get stuck. Luckily, this height is perfect for me when pedalling, and insanely low during downhill.
    Hope I could help.
    Thank you so much for this info!
    so..available space/length inside seat tube is roughly 180mm ?
    I have gone to this number assuming that V1 OneUp dropper at 170 length is 482mm ( 450+32 actuator) and if you have the post out for 302mm (47mm of exposed post+255mm from collar to rails ), you have inserted the post for 180mm..
    Did I write something correct here?

  40. #440
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingleman View Post
    Thank you so much for this info!
    so..available space/length inside seat tube is roughly 180mm ?
    I have gone to this number assuming that V1 OneUp dropper at 170 length is 482mm ( 450+32 actuator) and if you have the post out for 302mm (47mm of exposed post+255mm from collar to rails ), you have inserted the post for 180mm..
    Did I write something correct here?
    Hi! Yes and no. The exposed 255mm is from saddle rail to seat collar (on the bike), and not to dropper collar. So the max insertion for a V1 OneUp is 227mm (450+32mm actuator - 255mm exposed out of the frame) in a M size frame. This is best case scenario since the OneUp actuator can pivot a few degrees, and be more inserted in the bended Meta 29 seat tube. Worst case scenario, other dropper can be inserted maybe for less (220mm at least), without bending too much the cable housing. Hope it helps. Ciao!

  41. #441
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PhoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    135
    Anyone else have issues with the Commencal headset? Mine started creaking so I took it apart and cleaned/regreased and its creaking again two rides later. I'm just gonna replace it at this point, I never liked the split crown races.

  42. #442
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jabber127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoS View Post
    Anyone else have issues with the Commencal headset? Mine started creaking so I took it apart and cleaned/regreased and its creaking again two rides later. I'm just gonna replace it at this point, I never liked the split crown races.
    Mine had me thinking my CSU was creaking (that and my multiple experiences with creaky CSUs). Glad I figured that one out before sending my fork in. That said, I've only had to clean and regrease once so far.

    The constant creak for me has been the rear eyelet bolt on the shock. I have to dunk that thing in grease to get it to stop making noise, which is annoying bc I know that's whats attracting the dirt. But I've tried less grease, grease + loctite, no grease, etc. I almost feel like it's a tolerance issue. I'd be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing this. I called Commencal and they were like, "Yeah dude we just crank it down and never have any issues. That's weird."
    Commencal Meta TR 29 British Ed. // Commencal Absolut

  43. #443
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PhoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by jabber127 View Post
    Mine had me thinking my CSU was creaking (that and my multiple experiences with creaky CSUs). Glad I figured that one out before sending my fork in. That said, I've only had to clean and regrease once so far.

    The constant creak for me has been the rear eyelet bolt on the shock. I have to dunk that thing in grease to get it to stop making noise, which is annoying bc I know that's whats attracting the dirt. But I've tried less grease, grease + loctite, no grease, etc. I almost feel like it's a tolerance issue. I'd be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing this. I called Commencal and they were like, "Yeah dude we just crank it down and never have any issues. That's weird."
    To be honest I didn't really like the design of that rear eyelet deal. I even called Commencal to ask if there was some washers missing as my v4 has thin washers there. The spacer fits super loose in the shock eyelet too. I have been pounding on the bike lately, probably about time to go over all that stuff for 2nd check.

  44. #444
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PhoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    135
    After poking around a bit I found my front shock bolt was a little loose and adding to the chorus of the headset creaks. Check your bolts folks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Commencal Meta HT 2019 VS Nukeproof Scout 2018
    By samjh50 in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2018, 07:07 PM
  2. 2019 British Columbia Bike Race-Roll Call
    By Rocket88R in forum Virginia, WV, Maryland, DC, Delaware
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2018, 03:06 PM
  3. stump jumper 2019 expert or SC Bronson v3 s 2019
    By coming_in_hot in forum 27.5
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2018, 09:49 AM
  4. The British are Coming, the British are Coming!
    By Snake Muesl in forum Oregon
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 11:47 PM

Members who have read this thread: 339

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.