Visiting Fruita from Tejas- Mtbr.com
    I Crash Often
    Nov 2006

Visiting Fruita from Tejas

Hey guys! Coming from Houston to Fruita on Wednesday/Thursday. I'll be entering Colorado from Trinidad on I-25. What's the fastest and most dry route? 50 from Pueblo or 70 from Denver?

mtbr member
    I would take HWY 50.

jna
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by keylay
    Hey guys! Coming from Houston to Fruita on Wednesday/Thursday. I'll be entering Colorado from Trinidad on I-25. What's the fastest and most dry route? 50 from Pueblo or 70 from Denver?
    I would also say Hwy 50 but I would not drive to Pueblo. Get off at Walsenberg and take Hwy 69 to Hwy 50 at Cotopaxi or Texas Creek. Hwy 50 out of Pueblo gets very twisty and slow. Hwy 69 is fairly staight and fast be sure and get gas in Walsenberg not many options on 69.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    yeah if you take 50 you could stop and hit up some sweet singletrack in Gunnison too....
    jesus rides a fixed gear.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    How is the weather looking for this weekend? Accu-Weather doesn't isn't making it look to great. I'm outside of Denver and contemplating coming out. (would like to)

Long Live Long Rides
    May 2008

Gotta Love Spring

It's snowing right now in GJ....
    supposed to get nothing but colder for about 30 hours. My wife is running a 5k on Sat and is not happy. Although it is supposed to be done raining by then,it looks to be chilly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Visiting Fruita from Tejas-0429a.jpg  

Last edited by Trails4Two; 04-29-2010 at 05:48 AM.

jna
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterThanAliens
    How is the weather looking for this weekend? Accu-Weather doesn't isn't making it look to great. I'm outside of Denver and contemplating coming out. (would like to)
    Snowing now but looks much better for tomorrow ,Saturday, and Sunday. Will be chilly but precip chances are minimal for the weekend. If you come out tomorrow you may need to ride Rabbit Valley. Trails should be drying out by Saturday. By Sunday all trails should be ok if we don't get rain or snow on Friday.

Members who have read this thread: 0