Studying MB in CB in July- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Studying MB in CB in July

I'm going to be visiting Crested Butte in July, and am looking for suggestions for rides and places to stay. I might be there as long as a month, and am working on a student budget. I'm visiting as part of my dissertation research on the history and culture of mountain biking. That's right, you can get a Ph.D. in mountain biking, sorta.

I've been doing most of my research so far in Marin county (since I live close by), but am excited to check out the scene and history in CB. Any suggestions on who I should talk with, where I should stay, where I should ride, or other stuff I shouldn't miss?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by correlargo View Post
    I'm going to be visiting Crested Butte in July, and am looking for suggestions for rides and places to stay. I might be there as long as a month, and am working on a student budget. I'm visiting as part of my dissertation research on the history and culture of mountain biking. That's right, you can get a Ph.D. in mountain biking, sorta.

I've been doing most of my research so far in Marin county (since I live close by), but am excited to check out the scene and history in CB. Any suggestions on who I should talk with, where I should stay, where I should ride, or other stuff I shouldn't miss?
    Your lucky to stay there a month. Make sure to do the Monarch Crest Trail nearby and Gunnison. Below are some of my favorite CB rides..(they are all beautiful)
    http://24hrbikeshop.com/Crested_Butte__CO.html
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

Des(s)ert Rat
    Don Cook and Kay Peterson, curators of the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame and owners of Donita's.