New to Grand Junction! Whose around me?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013

New to Grand Junction! Whose around me?

My family JUST relocated to Grand Junction from the Longmont/Boulder area. Right now, we are bouncing around between airbnb/koa while we secure housing which is really challenging with the toddler.

But who is in the area around here? I need new friends! We are targeting the Redlands area for living, but from what I've found driving around this last week, nothing is really too far away, so that is super nice.
    Deflated - buy parts to sell parts to buy more parts.. bikes are my drug of choice

FATTrailer for the kiddo

mtbr member
    Welcome to the area. Are you familiar with the area trails already or just finding your way around? Happy to go for a ride sometime, but I'm "joe average" rider. Not particularly fast up or down. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

There are a few regular group shop rides as well. Bicycle Outfitters is doing a fairly regular one I thin on Mondays (more beginner focused though I think). CBB runs one on Tuesday nights at 18rd, etc...

If you are staying at the KOA up on Orchard Mesa (I think that is the only KOA....) you can access the Old Spanish Trial & Gunnison River Bluffs area right behind you if you weren't aware of them. https://www.gjhikes.com/2009/09/old-spanish-trail.html Not the best stuff, but OK in a pinch or if you don't feel like driving (I live near there). Happy to show you around out there a bit as well, not much is marked and a fair amount of social trail.

mtbr member
    I'm not in or from GJ but you can find other riders & organized rides on Meetup.com https://www.meetup.com/find/?allMeet...O&sort=default and then start following (and join) the COPMOBA group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/98319863966/
    2019 Yeti SB5C
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cobi View Post
    Welcome to the area. Are you familiar with the area trails already or just finding your way around? Happy to go for a ride sometime, but I'm "joe average" rider. Not particularly fast up or down. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

There are a few regular group shop rides as well. Bicycle Outfitters is doing a fairly regular one I thin on Mondays (more beginner focused though I think). CBB runs one on Tuesday nights at 18rd, etc...

If you are staying at the KOA up on Orchard Mesa (I think that is the only KOA....) you can access the Old Spanish Trial & Gunnison River Bluffs area right behind you if you weren't aware of them. https://www.gjhikes.com/2009/09/old-spanish-trail.html Not the best stuff, but OK in a pinch or if you don't feel like driving (I live near there). Happy to show you around out there a bit as well, not much is marked and a fair amount of social trail.
    I'm also very much on the joe average side, and spend a lot of time with the kiddo in tow on the trailer. I did a short bit of Old Spanish last week, but would like to do more. Feasible (slowly of course) to do with a kid in tow? I'm used to some walking because of it.
    Deflated - buy parts to sell parts to buy more parts.. bikes are my drug of choice

FATTrailer for the kiddo

mtbr member
    Most of OST is probably doable with a kid in tow as it is almost all double track and not rocky. I wouldn't recommend much of the Gunnison River Bluffs Portions as they have more loose river rock, some baby heads, etc.... Not exactly "Danny Daycare", but it would be pretty bouncy for the kid in areas. I'd ride it first and judge for yourself though.