Winter Park: Rainmaker- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Winter Park: Rainmaker

So I was on Rainmaker yesterday, and some of those lips seemed to be really 'lippy', they just toss you into the air with reckless abandon (I was all over the place in the air). Some of them appeared to be better maintained though. Is it normally like that? Do I just need to know how to hit them better, or are they really a bit too lippy, right now? The guys I rode with said they were a lot more lippy than last year, and were glad they were clipless (I was on flats).

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Do I just need to know how to hit them better, or are they really a bit too lippy, right now? The guys I rode with said they were a lot more lippy than last year, and were glad they were clipless (I was on flats).
    Yes. IMO there is only one jump on all of rainmaker that can be a little bucky (the motherbucker). Sounds like you're riding off the lips at a set trajectory (dead sailor), maybe try a lesson?

And "glad they were clipless" for jumping?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I was there last week and all the jumps felt great. I ride flats.

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113 View Post
    Yes. IMO there is only one jump on all of rainmaker that can be a little bucky (the motherbucker). Sounds like you're riding off the lips at a set trajectory (dead sailor), maybe try a lesson?

I think I know the exact one you are talking about cause it has a different feeling then all the others.

friend of Apex
    my thoughts exactly

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    some jumps are more lippy than others. especially on some of the jumps on rainmaker before five points. i don't think it has anything to do with lack of maintenance though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yeah, they were getting bucked too, and clipless will keep your feet attached if you get bucked. Not arguing that clipless is better than flats, just saying that you can't lose your footing like you can with flats. And yes, I know it's a matter of form and control in the air.

Figured that I just needed to learn how to hit them. I've never downhilled before, so while I can do drops all day, jumps with lips is a completely new thing to me.

I was also thinking that a lesson would be the best way to learn what to do. I'm feeling very comfortable on all the trails that I did, except for a few of the lippier tables on Rainmaker. I'm sure my speed could improve as well, as I'm not able to hit every table transition, especially on Rainmaker (body armor and a full face would probably help with this, which I plan on getting soon). I would also like to move onto some of the other double blacks. Should I take the 300 or 400 level lesson?

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Get a proper helmet before you do anything else. For cereal.

Jumps constantly change. It's possible the crew has touched up some things before the freeridefest and enduro.

The lippier jumps get, the looser and more relaxed you need to be. I think about the bike coming up beneath me, absorb it in the air and push back down into the tranny. If you are all dead sailor steeze you gonna git bucked.

mtbr member
    Aside from the two short lippy doubles (when crossing the ski slope) that just shoot you straight up, most can be hit at speed. I'd say the best approach is to just keep riding it until you learn each jump's optimal speed. For example: the mid-run rounded doubles require some serious heat (several pedal strokes just to clear them) while others such as the earlier sets at the top require a bit less speed or you'll overclear them, or the last long table on middle rainmaker (the one with the painted lines) requires as much speed as you can muster! Only way in my opinion to master that trail is to ride it a ton :-)

Stand back
    Another thing to remember is that you're in control of your bike, not vice versa. Stay loose like Flowtron says, and redirect your bike after you leave the lip - you should be doing that over drops as well, but lippy jumps make you learn it quicker.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I rode it a ton today and there is still one bucky mofo in there, but other than that they are all good to go.. I consider Rainmaker to be 3 different trails, if you try to ride each section the same you will get tossed. The top is pretty slow, the middle fast as hell and the bottom, fast, but not fast as hell.

Lippy jumps are always harder for people learning. I find that you have to pop off the lip instead of just riding it and expecting it to send you right. Just start pre-loading right before the lip and you will get it. When I get lazy on those types of jumps I end up nose heavy, so stay on it..

And get some proper equipment already..

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Lippy, for sure. There are two that buck me in the middle section after 5 points. I've started taking them from the right side, and they seem less dramatic from that angle. I'm going to guess the first of the two is the "mother bucker". That's the one that always throws me on my nose.

The ones crossing the ski slope are much less bucky if you really attack them.

Get some equipment asap.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiMtb View Post
    Lippy, for sure. There are two that buck me in the middle section after 5 points. I've started taking them from the right side, and they seem less dramatic from that angle. I'm going to guess the first of the two is the "mother bucker". That's the one that always throws me on my nose.

Get some equipment asap.
    hmmm..I find the bucky one to be in the middle of the top section.. after you cross the road for the first time, maybe 3 turns in..

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiMtb View Post

Get some equipment asap.
    Lol, it's the jump before 5 points where you're crossing the ski slope, uphill side is to the right, and it's the only jump in the ski slope clearing. If you're ready for it it's ok (kinda), but I think it's way buckier than any other jump on rainmaker, by far. Honestly, it's the only jump on the mountain that I think really needs a touch-up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Ah, yes. I know that one. It took me a while to feel comfortable with it, but you're right, if I'm not paying attention it sends me.

Oh, So Interesting!
    The jumps John Cowan ( I think?) built at the very top of rainmaker last year were lippy! Scary for me at first, but once you got used to them lofting you way up there it was awesome. Too bad they didn't keep those around for long, but maybe they were better suited for a double black...

Anyway... since we have this thread rolling I also think the jumps right after the step downs in both the sections before 5 points are WAY too short. That's the very 1st table and at the top and the section after you cross the road and the green world intersection. They're the jumps with the braking bumps before them...

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    You need to learn how to hit them. </thread>
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

banned
    Oct 2004
    Since we're talking about Rainmaker, anyone know the distances of the last (Supercross) launcher on mid-Rainmaker? They painted some pink lines on the landing...found a very nice sweet spot when you touch your front wheel down on the 3rd line. Just curious.

Edit: my ability to judge distances in the air sucks

Oh BTW, when I was running Rainmaker on Sun, there was a guy on a hardtail 29er SS running these same line (Upper and Mid Rainmaker to No Quarter drops to lower Rainmaker to Boot Camp to BeAll). I didn't see if he hucked or scrubbed. We were taking breathers between ever section but the guy kept up! Pretty impressive for wagon wheelz!
    Last edited by Pau11y; 07-16-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Thread Terrorist
    The jump lessons at wp had three basic concepts. Compress your suspension, commit, release (let the bike come up to you in the air.

The key is to make sure all your weight is in the pedals, no positive pressure on the bars. You push on the bars, they will go down first (bucking).
    Compress your suspension before the jump. This keeps things predictable as opposed to you suspension trying to soak something up. Also helps with rider position.

Start jumping to flat on the table. Once your comfortable with the feel, add speed. Next thing you'll know, you'll be hitting the transition on the other side.

Or, take a class from lee, he knows how to jump.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

I heart the drops
    Paul don't qoute me on this but rumor around the RockShox booth yesterday was the very last line was set at 55ft. I too would like exact measurements.
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsaam View Post
    Paul don't qoute me on this but rumor around the RockShox booth yesterday was the very last line was set at 55ft. I too would like exact measurements.
    JEEEBUS! I wouldn'ta thunk it's THAT big!?!?

Edit: I've heard anything from 25' to 45'... 55' is new!
    Last edited by Pau11y; 07-16-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Thread Terrorist
    That's poo. I was hoping it would be a pink bike 100 footer. I'd be happy if I could get 3 ft of rad air.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    google earth measurements say it is 55 ft

i like rocks
    that trail is the reason i still own my bottlerocket. those 'lippy' jumps on this bike, just feels like ridding dirtjumps to me. way fun, but i think it would feel a bit awkward on a long wc geo bike.

last year i went ahead and brought a tape just for grins and measured the long sender on the middle section, when it was newer, and there was more of a defined lip at the top of the landing, i measured 34'. pretty gosh darn long if you ask me! by far the longest jump i've ever done... and i LOVE that thing.

i perceive the shortest line as kind of marking the top of the landing, the middle mark as the budder spot, and the last mark as an overshoot. i know if i put her down on the last line its a pretty rough landing, but maybe not for guys with more travel than me.

my -only- negative criteria on that trail is that last booter, that used to be a mellow step down last year, and now has a way lippy angled top on it. frankly i just don't get why they did that, it just seams like too much of a lip for the landing. i stopped and watched riders go by for awhile, and the pin it percentage on that one is about 5%, with most riders grabbing enough brake to just roll over it.

i'm pretty tired by that point and kind of halfarse the thing.
    Tim M Hovey

Nukeproof Mega 290
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 BMW 540i
    1999 F350 PSD

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by david719 View Post
    google earth measurements say it is 55 ft
    Wouldn't doubt it at all. That thing sends you a ways, but it has got to be the most controllable big hit around...not like others senders....cough cough Granby Ranch. Now if we want to talk about re-doing jumps, there's the place to pick a bone with. Its all about comfort, of course it's going to feel "odd" if your not riding it on a regular basis and keeping up with the mountain. That one little kicker on the ski slope cross over has sent me over before, I was just winded and had horrible form going into it, my own fault.

I heart the drops
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure View Post
    That's poo. I was hoping it would be a pink bike 100 footer. I'd be happy if I could get 3 ft of rad air.
    You get 3ft of rad air in your sleep.
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

banned
    Oct 2004
    Just got a ping back from TrestleBikePark and he told me the lines are marked out at 35, 45, and 55 ft!

I'll tell ya tho, when you're coming in for a landing, those lines do NOT feel 10 ft apart...more like 5 ft apart! That's kinda spooky!

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Try Valhalla in Snowmass if you want lippy jumps, holy cow. Not all of them are lippy, but every once in awhile you'll hit one and be like "OH S#$%!" Rad trail though.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

Want to vent?
    Rainmaker, love that trail. Just got to keep running the trail until you dial in the speed and learn to maneuver the bike in the air.

Not that I have much trouble on Rainmaker anymore really, but that "bucky" table is far more interesting on a high wind day.....Few weeks ago me and a buddy landed up on the damn grass...Good times!

I do agree on that last step down table...it has an uneven left side higher lip this year...which to me would launch you into the side of the trail or into the flats.
    Few weeks ago on that thing, landed on three guys having a bike fixing party in the LZ. I love grabbing fistfuls of brake lever in mid air.
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by euroford View Post

my -only- negative criteria on that trail is that last booter, that used to be a mellow step down last year, and now has a way lippy angled top on it. frankly i just don't get why they did that, it just seams like too much of a lip for the landing. i stopped and watched riders go by for awhile, and the pin it percentage on that one is about 5%, with most riders grabbing enough brake to just roll over it.

i'm pretty tired by that point and kind of halfarse the thing.
    I like it, that jump lofts you way up and the landing is butter

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    Try Valhalla in Snowmass if you want lippy jumps, holy cow. Not all of them are lippy, but every once in awhile you'll hit one and be like "OH S#$%!" Rad trail though.
    Some of the short landings are what I used that language on...
    This happened when I went long about halfway down Valhalla during practice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter Park: Rainmaker-popgoesthelyrik.jpg  

Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    There are 4 lines on the jump now. we measured the 4th line at about 56 ft. spent half the day trying to get my whole bike past that line. such a good jump!
    -=-=Quiver=-=-=-
    2011 Demo 8.II Highlighter Yellow
    2011 SX 4x
    2010 Enduro Pro Carbon
    2012 Hardrock 29er

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jurichar View Post
    There are 4 lines on the jump now. we measured the 4th line at about 56 ft. spent half the day trying to get my whole bike past that line. such a good jump!
    Given your past, this screams "bad idea", ha ha.

It is pretty sweet that they painted lines at 35, 45 and 55 feet. That's a big jump! I've managed to get 45' so far....with a bar hump.

mtbr member
    you've gotta go big bar hump. its the only way to get that extra 10 ft out of the jump.

All this talk of big jumps makes me want to go ride!!
    -=-=Quiver=-=-=-
    2011 Demo 8.II Highlighter Yellow
    2011 SX 4x
    2010 Enduro Pro Carbon
    2012 Hardrock 29er

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Im getting better but still feel a little sketch in the air, like im just riding the bike off the jump, not jumping with the bike. i feel good on anything like 15 ft and under. but when i try anything with any decent amount of air time the bike just starts to get a little bit tweaked in whatever way and im just along for the ride hoping it doesnt go too bad. like i cant control the bike after take off hardly at all.

my approach is hit the lip pretty centered, like about equal weight over both my feet and handlebars. maybe a tad more on the handle bars and kinda do a little pop with my bike/body. works find on smaller and medium stuff, but not on bigger stuff. do you approach bigger lippier stuff differently?
    any tips?

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Tip: take a lesson. Seriously.

Trestle offers them, and I'm getting together a racing skills clinic day for myself and a couple other folks with the Momentum Trail Concepts crew (fka the crew that ran Sol Vista) because we want to get better at riding fast.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsa101 View Post
    Im getting better but still feel a little sketch in the air, like im just riding the bike off the jump, not jumping with the bike. i feel good on anything like 15 ft and under. but when i try anything with any decent amount of air time the bike just starts to get a little bit tweaked in whatever way and im just along for the ride hoping it doesnt go too bad. like i cant control the bike after take off hardly at all.

my approach is hit the lip pretty centered, like about equal weight over both my feet and handlebars. maybe a tad more on the handle bars and kinda do a little pop with my bike/body. works find on smaller and medium stuff, but not on bigger stuff. do you approach bigger lippier stuff differently?
    any tips?
    Yeah, the steeper the lip and the faster you hit the jump the more important technique becomes, so until you get the technique down the lippier/faster jumps feel real sketch... because they are. Don't just say "f-it!" and go for the bigger jumps until you are comfortable in the air.

You avoid deal sailoring by being active in the air, the first step is to generate enough "pop" off the lip to get the bike to have some upward energy right after you leave the lip. If you just ride off the lip without pop or enough speed you get a set trajectory, or deal sailor. With pop off the lip you can use that energy to direct the bike in the air.

The first step is to let the bike come into your body by being "loose". At first you will need to consciously flex your arms and legs, bringing your hands and feet upward after takeoff so you aren't absorbing the upward energy of the bike with stiff arms and legs. If you ski/snowboard it is the same concept, after takeoff you bring the skis/board into your body by flexing your legs.

The next step is to push the bike back down into the landing, spot where you want to land and push the bike gently down by extending your arms and legs. If you have done everything right it will feel like you have control over where you're putting the bike down and it also feels like you have all the time in the world up there in the air. If you do it wrong it feels like you're lucky to ride it out and it all seems fast and janky.

So the big contrast to the dead sailor is the controlled up-and-down motion of the bike underneath you. To do it you need to get over fear, fear causes the worst possible reactions and poor body position... The best thing to do is see how high you can get your bike vertically over the jump. Imagine you are trying to clear a high-jump pole and you need to pull that bike up underneath you to make it. To do that you need a lot of pop off the lip and to really flex your arms and legs upward so the bike comes up as high as possible. If you do this and overshoot the landing, don't panic and just put the bike down level. A DH bike has no problem overshooting any jump at WP, except maybe the last jump on middle rainmaker, lol...

Also, I think lessons are worth it if you have the cash. I haven't taken one yet but I plan on it.

banned
    Oct 2004
    [QUOTE=mtg7aa;9519642... Momentum Trail Concepts crew (fka the crew that ran Sol Vista) because we want to get better at riding fast.[/QUOTE]

When and where is this? Can I join?

Trestle Rental Shop Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Since we're talking about Rainmaker, anyone know the distances of the last (Supercross) launcher on mid-Rainmaker? They painted some pink lines on the landing...found a very nice sweet spot when you touch your front wheel down on the 3rd line. Just curious.

Edit: my ability to judge distances in the air sucks

Oh BTW, when I was running Rainmaker on Sun, there was a guy on a hardtail 29er SS running these same line (Upper and Mid Rainmaker to No Quarter drops to lower Rainmaker to Boot Camp to BeAll). I didn't see if he hucked or scrubbed. We were taking breathers between ever section but the guy kept up! Pretty impressive for wagon wheelz!
    26 or 28 feet (i cant remember exactly) from end to end

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutchie View Post
    26 or 28 feet (i cant remember exactly) from end to end
    Someone GPS'd it at 55 ft, and TBP pinged me and told me the pink lines were marked at 35, 45, and 55 ft...

mtbr member
    The jump lessons at wp had three basic concepts. Compress your suspension, commit, release (let the bike come up to you in the air.

The key is to make sure all your weight is in the pedals, no positive pressure on the bars. You push on the bars, they will go down first (bucking).
    Compress your suspension before the jump. This keeps things predictable as opposed to you suspension trying to soak something up. Also helps with rider position.

Start jumping to flat on the table. Once your comfortable with the feel, add speed. Next thing you'll know, you'll be hitting the transition on the other side.

Or, take a class from lee, he knows how to jump.

This is exactly it. I ride a hard tail dirt jumper all the time at home--I'm good at jumping . . . But the first day I was out on a DH bike it was bizarre. The reason you get "bucked" is the rear suspension. I had to consciously stop down on the my pedals BEFORE the jump so that the suspension is on its way out. It's all about the timing of the "pre-load".

Oh, So Interesting!

This isn't true, good jumpers use pressure on the bars to preload. One of the best jumpers I've ever rode DH with was trying to explain this technique to me, I can't say I have it down at all, but this technique allows him to get a lot of pop off the lips of jumps, way more than only using pressure on your pedals.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I got bucked off on Rainmaker last summer. Landed on the seat and rear wheel. As the guys at the LBS said, "looks like someone done let all the air out of your seat." I'll spare you the picture of the tread mark down the back of my shorts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter Park: Rainmaker-buckedoff.jpg  

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerglen View Post
    I got bucked off on Rainmaker last summer. Landed on the seat and rear wheel. As the guys at the LBS said, "looks like someone done let all the air out of your seat." I'll spare you the picture of the tread mark down the back of my shorts.
    Actually, I'm surprised it didn't snap that weight-weenie seatpost! It looks awesome!

friend of Apex
    that seat needs Viagra

Oh, So Interesting!
    Yeah, the steeper the lip and the faster you hit the jump the more important technique becomes, so until you get the technique down the lippier/faster jumps feel real sketch... because they are. Don't just say "f-it!" and go for the bigger jumps until you are comfortable in the air.

You avoid deal sailoring by being active in the air, the first step is to generate enough "pop" off the lip to get the bike to have some upward energy right after you leave the lip. If you just ride off the lip without pop or enough speed you get a set trajectory, or deal sailor. With pop off the lip you can use that energy to direct the bike in the air.

The first step is to let the bike come into your body by being "loose". At first you will need to consciously flex your arms and legs, bringing your hands and feet upward after takeoff so you aren't absorbing the upward energy of the bike with stiff arms and legs. If you ski/snowboard it is the same concept, after takeoff you bring the skis/board into your body by flexing your legs.

The next step is to push the bike back down into the landing, spot where you want to land and push the bike gently down by extending your arms and legs. If you have done everything right it will feel like you have control over where you're putting the bike down and it also feels like you have all the time in the world up there in the air. If you do it wrong it feels like you're lucky to ride it out and it all seems fast and janky.

So the big contrast to the dead sailor is the controlled up-and-down motion of the bike underneath you. To do it you need to get over fear, fear causes the worst possible reactions and poor body position... The best thing to do is see how high you can get your bike vertically over the jump. Imagine you are trying to clear a high-jump pole and you need to pull that bike up underneath you to make it. To do that you need a lot of pop off the lip and to really flex your arms and legs upward so the bike comes up as high as possible. If you do this and overshoot the landing, don't panic and just put the bike down level. A DH bike has no problem overshooting any jump at WP, except maybe the last jump on middle rainmaker, lol...

Also, I think lessons are worth it if you have the cash. I haven't taken one yet but I plan on it.
    Here's a nice comment left for me:

"Oh please! You can't lift your ass off a couch"

You obviously don't know me at all. Why don't you try giving advice or discussing instead of being a huge azzhole? I'm guessing you suck azz at riding a bike and can't.

This entire forum has become azzhole central. I wouldn't have guessed so many d-bags ride mt. bikes. But anyway, to all the neg-reppers too scared to sign their rep: Go f&$k yourselves and die.

Chronic 1st-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    What a clown! He grabs the brakes on everything....he's cleared the 35' mark a few times, and as out-of-control beginner/hack at catching air, was very happy about that
    Trailwrecker at large

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lubes17319 View Post
    What a clown! He grabs the brakes on everything....he's cleared the 35' mark a few times, and as out-of-control beginner/hack at catching air, was very happy about that
    Did you see the guy from behind? Bummer if you were behind the guy and he was floundering your flow...or was I getting in your way? I'm good at that!

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by lubes17319 View Post
    Bwaaaa haa haa haa haa. I saw that dude. He was on my heals down Double Jeopardy. I can't imagine how fast that guy would be if he had some moar suspension. Oh, his brakes didn't work.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Trestle Bike Park

Bad Andy!
    Now, "I am not a smart man", but why do I get the feeling you guys are missing something? I think the dude WAS Lubes.
    Or maybe I am missing your funnies.

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by GIANTkiller View Post
    Now, "I am not a smart man", but why do I get the feeling you guys are missing something? I think the dude WAS Lubes.
    Or maybe I am missing your funnies.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Video: Middle Rainmaker Crash

I'm new to downhill and just started to learn jumps this season. I don't know if the little section in this video has been discussed, but I can't tell if the spot I crashed is supposed to be a jump or not. I'm sure it can be jumped, but its a bit long for me to attempt. I guess I'm just curious if its intended to be a jump by the trail builders. It would seem to be one of the longest jumps on Rainmaker if so. I'm getting to the point where I can carry pretty good speed into this section and my bike wants to take off, but I still don't feel like I have the speed, or enough of a ramp lip, to get up and clear the other bump. As I'm starting to hit this section faster, I'm hoping someone can enlighten me. I'm still getting used to the fork settings, so maybe someone can tell me if it looks like I don't have it set up quite right. Not sure if you can tell that from the slow motion replay or not.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pwd81 View Post

I'm new to downhill and just started to learn jumps this season. I don't know if the little section in this video has been discussed, but I can't tell if the spot I crashed is supposed to be a jump or not. I'm sure it can be jumped, but its a bit long for me to attempt. I guess I'm just curious if its intended to be a jump by the trail builders. It would seem to be one of the longest jumps on Rainmaker if so. I'm getting to the point where I can carry pretty good speed into this section and my bike wants to take off, but I still don't feel like I have the speed, or enough of a ramp lip, to get up and clear the other bump. As I'm starting to hit this section faster, I'm hoping someone can enlighten me. I'm still getting used to the fork settings, so maybe someone can tell me if it looks like I don't have it set up quite right. Not sure if you can tell that from the slow motion replay or not.
    maybe some disagree, but for me I roll those and try to keep the wheels on the ground, Kind of like a pump track, when rolled right, you go faster..

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pwd81 View Post

I don't know of anyone gapping those whoopdies... By the time I get to those, I'm moving pretty damn fast, but still don't have enough to go from top to top. You realized my worst fear on those...torpedo into the uphill of the next one, and bounced off trail
    How I handle them is to pre-jump the 1st one, land on its back side and use it as a pump...and try to repeat for the 2nd one. In most cases, I just end up sending the 2nd one 'cause the pump built too much speed w/ the springs all squished.
    Man, I hope you're okay! The vid looked brutal!

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsaam View Post
    You get 3ft of rad air in your sleep.
    Pfff... I can pull 3ft of Pinkbike air when I cop a squat every morning!

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Yeah I just roll those...

Sometimes I suck them up so much my azz buzzes the tire.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

Members who have read this thread: 2