Thread: Where to ride?

eci

Where to ride?

Looking to do a ride tomorrow and want some input of where to go. We wanna do a good ride 15-20 miles with out a huge climb(1000+) Climbing throughout the ride is fine but i would like something that has ups and downs, not up then down. Wanna stay within an hour of denver.

Suggestions???

mtbr member
    Buffalo Creek, out by Baily. Lots of great trails, option, rolling hills.

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...2_5844crx.aspx

eci
    any suggested routes? are there maps there?

mtbr member
    BC sounds like a good idea, but my guess is that it's going to be majorly crowded tomorrow. All I've ever done is the out-and-back on the CT, with the loop around green mountain (I think that's what it's called).

Oh, So Interesting!
    I'd go for altitude and get out of the heat. Golden Gate State Park or West Magnolia in Ned are all good rides without long, sustained climbing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    snowskilz, buffalo creek would be boring on your chumba. It is smooth single track, but you know me I like the rough stuff. Anyhow I was thinking of hitting keystone tomorrow but now it is looking more like waterton canyon and indian creek. Maybe keystone this weekend?????

If we can get some people to fill the gap between you and me on an XC ride I will show you some good trail stuff tomorrow. Hit me up after work tonight. I will be at the rockies game but I should be able to answer.
    2011 Sponsors: Rocky Mountain Racing, Golden Bike Shop, WTB

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    any suggested routes? are there maps there?
    This is a good map: http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/psicc/publications/buffcrk.pdf

For a nice 25 mile ride (there is opportunity there to hit some good sized drops and play around on rocks if you've got a good eye), park at Pine Valley Ranch and pedal up Strawberry Jack to Charlie's Cutoff, which will connect up to Homestead trail which will connect up to Sandy Wash, which will drop you out at 543 Road Trail, which is just a dirt road. Pedal the road for a bit until you'll come up on Shinglemill Trail. Take that up. Come down Morrison or pedal all they way up to the Colorado trail. Morrison is a super fast downhill. Then pedal the 543 Road for a bit until you'll come up on Baldy on your right. After a short climb, you'll either stay on Baldy or take Gasshouse for a little extra mileage (the climb isn't short, either way). The Baldy/Gasshouse to Miller Gulch, down to Skipper trail, up to Buck Gulch, for a ripping fast descent back to the car. This is about 3500 vertical feet of climbing and about 25 miles of distance. Super fun ride.

The only tricky part of navigation is that when you get off Gasshouse (Baldy Tees into it, at which point you want to take a right) you'll get to Miller Gulch. Take a right and after a short pedal you'll come to a fork, take a left there. Everything else is easy.

_MK

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

Members who have read this thread: 0