mtbr member

Well that didn't work

Went over to the Fix yesterday and had a blast on my "way too much" bike Gemini. Swapped with a buddy and rode his p2 for a while and loved it, very comfortable on it. Well I've been building up an old GT Avalanche for dirt jumping purposes...(not a god Idea, I know) just because I had the bike laying around. Rode over there today after work and the first jump I hit, the front end went skyward... and never came back. One severly tacoed rim and shattered ego later... I'm done with the dream of the Avalanche actually working as a jump bike, and currently saving for a real dj/park/urban bike. Anyone looking to get rid of a jump hardtail.

Cynical Bystander
    my friend down here has a P.3 that is fairly well specced that he's selling for $400 complete. His aim is biggoofwhitemike (i think) I can probably get you some pics or complete spec lists if you want. I'm sure he'd be thrilled to sell it.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

screw road bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    Went over to the Fix yesterday and had a blast on my "way too much" bike Gemini. Swapped with a buddy and rode his p2 for a while and loved it, very comfortable on it. Well I've been building up an old GT Avalanche for dirt jumping purposes...(not a god Idea, I know) just because I had the bike laying around. Rode over there today after work and the first jump I hit, the front end went skyward... and never came back. One severly tacoed rim and shattered ego later... I'm done with the dream of the Avalanche actually working as a jump bike, and currently saving for a real dj/park/urban bike. Anyone looking to get rid of a jump hardtail.

I've got an Azonic DS-1 frame for 90 buckaroos if you want it...its a medium 02' Price way negotiable. Lemme know...I realize you're probably looking for a complete bike. o well I tried. I have pic's too btw
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

mtbr member

Nice

What is the P3 speced with if you know off your head? Also what year, and size... I've been against Specialized since the beginning of riding... 1996 or so. But man that was one nice ride. Let me know what you know. Thanks

Rocket Scientist
    What is the P3 speced with if you know off your head? Also what year, and size... I've been against Specialized since the beginning of riding... 1996 or so. But man that was one nice ride. Let me know what you know. Thanks
    You may be able to get a screaming deal on an Azonic DS-1, an Evolution or a steelhead depending on what your after since they are one of our Sponsors

mtbr member

Azonic

Is there any way to buy a prebuilt Azonic from them? I'm hesitant to buy something that I've never ridden before too.

Cynical Bystander
    Is there any way to buy a prebuilt Azonic from them? I'm hesitant to buy something that I've never ridden before too.
    Talking to him right now, he says.... (by the way Alex it's Mikes P3)

bIGgOofwHITeMikE (9:22:39 PM): hussefelts, z3, mrp 44t,
    bIGgOofwHITeMikE (9:22:46 PM): azonic bars
    bIGgOofwHITeMikE (9:23:24 PM): high roller / mobsters
    bIGgOofwHITeMikE (9:24:46 PM): triple walls
    bIGgOofwHITeMikE (9:24:58 PM): avid vs w 2x4s

I think it's a 00 or 01, it's the black frame with red decals on it. It's in pretty sweet shape and fun light bike to ride. Not sure how tall you are but I'm about 6'1" and Mike's probably somewhere near the same give or take a few inches and well, he liked it till he got his Woodman.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Now Uploading
    Anyone looking to get rid of a jump hardtail.
    I'm selling my Cannondale Chase.

Cheers,

Dave
    Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    I'm selling my Cannondale Chase.

Cheers,

Dave
    What are you asking for your Chase Dave? BTW - I saw you guys driving over DR yesterday, I waved but wasn't sure if you saw me (I was riding my AC)

Rocket Scientist
    Unfortunately, No...
    But they ride as well as any Chase...
    If you want, come over to X Games and you can test out my Ds-1 sometime.

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    What are you asking for your Chase Dave?
    I will have to figure it out now and I'll pass it on, it is currently built up as a bike again, minus wheels. Didn't think it was going to sell as a frame/fork/stem deal, so I threw together an economy dirt jumper, has decent parts on it though. I'm gonna sell it cheap. Still figuring out what I'm doing for wheels. It has/will have an MRP Mini-Me guide, LX cranks, LX shifter, XTR RD, XT cassette, RF Diabolus post and stem (1.5), Sherman Breakout, Avid mechanical disks, XT levers, Azonic Hot Seat, WTB tires, Weyless flat pedals. Will be tuned and ready to rip.

I would consider an offer on it without wheels, but it's almost a bike again at this point. I don't have a lot in it, or it's parts, would like to make someone a good deal on a decent dirt jumper. I have the warranty card and manual for the frame. I'll throw up a pic for grins, shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    BTW - I saw you guys driving over DR yesterday, I waved but wasn't sure if you saw me (I was riding my AC)
    Yeah, we had a good ride Sunday, were you on the east side of the hogback down on the road? We've had some fine weather lately for riding.

Cheers,

Dave
    Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    I would consider an offer on it Dave
    I know a couple of people who may be interested in it, depending on your definition of cheap.