mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Voodoo Loop Trail....

Rode the Voodoo Loop trail today and had a great time.

Just wondering though a couple of the sites that I looked at listed the trail as 'moderate' why is it considered 'moderate'? It seems like it's more on the easy side.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    probably just the distance makes it moderate
    Kona Wo for Fat Biking, Ibis HD3 for Trail Shredding, Merckx Road bike for collecting dust

Team Velveeta™

point of no return-ism

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj View Post
    probably just the distance makes it moderate
    Yeah, basically I think that's it.

When you start assigning difficulty to trails you wind up needing to kind of round it up to the nearest difficulty level. One of the things that it's important to remember is the "easiest" really refers to doubletrack. It's hard for us who've been riding for a while to realize that once it's singletrack, it's a little harder. Singletrack that has rocks on it is a little harder still. Send a total, total beginner out there, and they aren't going to think of it as "easy".

If you start from the official parking area and ride the most direct route to Voodoo then get out there, once you commit to the loop you're into a fairly long ride. For somebody who doesn't ride far very often, or for somebody who can't negotiate the turns very fast, completing that whole loop can feel pretty tough.

And once you start it, you reach a point of no return. If you don't know the trail, you can get into a situation where you don't know whether it would be easier to turn around and go back or whether you should just continue. I've been there with people who were at the point where they wanted to be done. I could tell them that we were closer to finishing by continuing the loop because I know the trail. If I hadn't been there they might have turned around and gotten really pooped going further than they could have with a little knowledge.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

Team Velveeta™

Inner Limits

Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    ...If you start from the official parking area and ride the most direct route to Voodoo then get out there, once you commit to the loop you're into a fairly long ride...
    I rode Pueblo Friday. It was really a perfect day, and I was digging the new Inner Limits trail!

Checkit.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

Respect the mustache
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    I rode Pueblo Friday. It was really a perfect day, and I was digging the new Inner Limits trail!

Checkit.
    Love that new trail myself. I was getting pretty tired of riding Pedro's as half of my Outer Limits loop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Voodoo Loop Trail....-img_0106.jpg  

Last edited by DOUBLEJ; 03-14-2012 at 08:44 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Yes, Inner Limits is great, perhaps the best of the XC system there- many thanks to the designers and most of all the builders for creating it. I noticed two other unsigned trails cutting across the wide expanse from the Pedro's double track heading West; Pueblo Rez just keeps getting better.

Inner Limits felt like "Cousin of Voodoo"

Members who have read this thread: 0