visiting georgetown - need info.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

visiting georgetown - need info.

I will be visiting georgetown for a wedding this summer - mid june. wondering what to do, bike shops, rentals, rides, hikes, senic drives etc. thanks in advance.

The Notorious S.L.O

Georgetown is a cool town...

but to my knowledge, there is a not single bike shop in the town, no place to rent a bike.
    There are some trails, nothing really that great.
    As far as senic drives and hikes, Gunella Pass begins in Georgetown, nice drive, lots of hiking at the pass and on the otherside. You can take perhaps the easiest trail to the top of a 14er, Bierstadt, which is about a 2 hour hike from the summit of the pass.
    Make sure you grab some chow at the Red Ram Tavern, good food and very cool place.

For biking,I would suggest going over to Breckenridge, bike rentals, trails and more.
    Last edited by btadlock; 01-17-2007 at 01:41 PM.
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.
    "All I need is.......two wheels and the truth."

Inflexable...
    Keystone is closer and has better riding terrain...

There really is not much to do in Georgetown.

Thread Terrorist
    Keystone for rentals/riding.
    Otherwise, rent in Denver, head up to Guanella or some of the other trails in the area.

Party on.

mtbr member
    Don't forget that Winter Park is just over Berthoud Pass from Georgetown. Lots of bike trails both on the mountain and in the Fraser area. And I'm fairly sure you can rent bikes there.

The only MTB trail I know of in Georgetown area is the trail that starts in Silver Plume and climbs to Argentine Pass. Only singletrack for 2-3 miles if I recall correctly, then jeep trails that are fairly heavily used during hunting season. A pretty ride in the autumn, could be nice in early summer...

A crazy friend of mine dragged me on a mountain bike ride up over Saxon Mountain between Idaho Springs and Georgetown. All jeep trails, not a lot of traffic, but STEEEEEEP!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    thanks for the info. the 14er hike sounds cool. I have skiied at breck. I'll look into the biking.

Members who have read this thread: 0