Thread: velodrome

MK_
    carpe maņana

velodrome

Is the closest Velodrome to Boulder in the Springs?

_MK

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

feel the Force
    Right now, yes. I've heard that one will be built in Erie, opening next spring. I'm not holding my breath, though. I've seen 15 proposals, of all kinds, come and go in the last dozen years. Not many investors want to lose money on a velodrome. U-bikes may have a little more info on this latest proposal.

I can't ride 45!
    If you head that way let me know. Been thinking about heading down that way for a while.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb
    If you head that way let me know. Been thinking about heading down that way for a while.
    Sounds good. There's a possibility it will happen within next couple of weeks. My girlfriend's in town and she's trying really hard to get me excited about track. She wants to head out there before she leaves.

_MK

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Erie?

I hadn't heard they had switched from Boulder to Lyons and now Erie?

I still think Long Lake at the intersection of 93 and 64th avenue between Arvada and Golden is the perfect place for a velodrome. Parking is already there, and there are lighted football, soccer and baseball fields already there, so no one will complain. There is bike path access to the park. It is a perfect location for the Denver/Boulder area. I shot them the contact info and talked to them once after the Lyons thing got shot down, but apparently Ubikes wants to stay in Boulder County.

Perpetual slow motion
    Feb 2007

Velodrome?

Isn't that what they use for Roller Derby? Wait, is this MTBR or Road Geek Review?
    The more I drink, the smarter you get.

Members who have read this thread: 0