Vandeman walks...- Mtbr.com
    Almost Human
    Sep 2007

Vandeman walks...

http://peterfrickwright.com/2011/03/...t/#more-600%27

"Then came the question of whether or not Vandeman would be taken into custody right away."

He wasn't taken into custody even though he was found guilty. There's a lesson here about just how low on the food chain bike riders really are.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    He didn't walk - he's guilty of several charges so far... he's still free until he gets sentenced. He hasn't posed a flight risk and I assume that is why he is free until sentencing. That has less to do with the victim being a cyclist than it does Vandeman's age etc. He's going to get a minimum of 30days (possibly up to a year) in jail for his attack - mentioned in the article. The thread title is quite misleading - never would have expected that from Uncle Trail! Oh wait...

banned
    A 60 year old woman hit and ran a friend and me three years ago. She was caught the next day and the DA had her dead to rights on two counts of felony H&R. After her attorney realized the victims weren't a couple of bums and showed up to the arraignment to testify, he pled her out and accepted the felony charges. She got three years probation instead of two years in jail. Ageism and bicyclists not counting at its best.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    He didn't walk - he's guilty of several charges so far... he's still free until he gets sentenced. He hasn't posed a flight risk and I assume that is why he is free until sentencing. That has less to do with the victim being a cyclist than it does Vandeman's age etc. He's going to get a minimum of 30days (possibly up to a year) in jail for his attack - mentioned in the article. The thread title is quite misleading - never would have expected that from Uncle Trail! Oh wait...
    I thought it was a good troll?

He's the Lindsey Lohan of the Sierra Club.

California is broke, they aren't going to throw a 60 yo in jail. IMHO They're just buying time until everyone forgets and then they'll quietly dismiss the remaining charges and give him time served.

Members who have read this thread: 0