mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Trainer or bike path? I'll take the bike path

It was warm enough, the bike paths were probably dry enough...there's plenty of time to ride the trainer when it is really messed up for riding anything. It's coming, it always does. When it's zero and the snow is blowing sideways I can always go to my basement, watch a rerun of "Sliders" and put on the miles...indoors. Though riding a bike indoors is just wrong.

I parked in Morrison again, rode the bike path up to check out Green Mountain. Last time I expected mud, was surprised it was dry. Today I expected mud and wasn't surprised it was a soupy mess. Two words: not ready.

As I was pedaling I thought back just a few months...Moab...Burro Down. This is the time of year I start daydreaming of spring and Moab again. Instead of bike paths.
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 05:02 AM.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

Moosehead
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Though riding a bike indoors is just wrong.
    Truer words were never spoken. Thanks for the conditions update and stoke as always. It's gonna be a long winter, even as a skier.

trail waggler

It's easier...

To drink beer while on the 'rollers'....
    MY dog can lick YOUR dog!

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Ahh the rollers, someone gave me a set and hopped on em and oh, you actually have to pay attention and stay balanced! Never used them before but im guessing the nicer ones are a bit smoother and a bit more quiet. But free is free and better than looking at the road bike. They came with an attatchment to make the front wheel stationary but that would get boring in a hurry! I conveneintly place it next to the fridge in the garage Tried standing and pedaling to simulate climbing but got a little squirelly. Guess I need time on em! For now I'll ride in the snow!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    It was warm enough, the bike paths were probably dry enough...there's plenty of time to ride the trainer when it is really messed up for riding anything.
    Well, man, welcome to the party. You mean to tell us it's finally dry enough for the bike paths while we have been riding them for the last three days?

This after you had the nerve to post bone-dry pix of trails in a thread about riding during the snow?

Come on bro, step it up.

SonyaLooney
    Sweet frog stem mojo!

Members who have read this thread: 0