mtbr member
    Aug 2004

trail report....ute park, 28 march

as of lunch today, ute park is looking great, only a few puddles. I highly recommend getting out today before the cold comes back in.

enjoy!

mike

Cynical Bystander
    Palmer's looking nice. Rode there at about 4-5 this afternoon. I climbed (yes without pain thanks to the AC) part of Cheyenne and hooked onto Grand View. Rode up to the parking lot, then rode different parts of Cheyenne and Grand View down. A few sections were muddy but 98% of it was either dry or slightly tacky.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

hey tony...

i got the nitrous again and had them put a longer stem on it. took it back to ute after work and rode some more. the stem makes all the difference in the world. still a great bike. i have a few more to check out, and im planning on doing my denver trip this sat, so should be getting pretty close.

im thinking the nixon platinum does NOT have SPV? bobbed pretty good when i was out of the saddle. but that wasnt very often.

later
    mike

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman
    i got the nitrous again and had them put a longer stem on it. took it back to ute after work and rode some more. the stem makes all the difference in the world. still a great bike. i have a few more to check out, and im planning on doing my denver trip this sat, so should be getting pretty close.

im thinking the nixon platinum does NOT have SPV? bobbed pretty good when i was out of the saddle. but that wasnt very often.

later
    mike
    That's awesome Mike. When you get something we'll have to go out riding a lot.

As for the SPV, it might have it, I'm not sure I'm too lazy to check, but if the SPV adjuster volume thing isn't screwed in very much then its gonna bob a decent amount.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

yea, sounds good

i checked the manitou site, the super has TPC platform, and hte platinum has SPV. im not sure what tpc is, but im sure you can adjust it some.. the platinum checks in at 4.1 lbs, adn the super 4.4 according to their site.

i got back too late to return the bike last night, so i brought it to work and measured the HA and hte weight. HA is 67.5, suprising actually. and the bike weighs in @ 31 lbs. pretty OK in my book. their site states a 68.5 HA. hmmmmm.. the elchamuco i tested last year had a measured HA of 67.5 and i felt it was too slack. but there were other things on that bike that made it a little less pedal friendly.. im wondering ......nevermind, ill call Larry at mtn hi and talk to him....

ill talk to PC at lunch abouyt the fork and TPC, we'll see. the platinum would require a hub change, etc, etc.

anyways....yes, i cant wait to get SOMETHING and hoook up with all of you guys to see what ive been missing.

later

mike