Trail report 3/29/05- Mtbr.com
    My cup runneth over

Trail report 3/29/05

Green Mountain loop - two or three small puddles
    Dakota Ridge - some 'damp' spots
    Matthew Winters - several damp spots but eminently rideable - no snow in sight on the lower trail - I was on it at about 5:30 am this morning so I may have benefited from some freezing.
    Zorro - dry.

Get it while you can - more cold/wet fronts on the way!

Bodhisattva
    I'll add to that...

Devil's Backbone: super tacky hero dirt. No mud. Get it before it gets dry & loose.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    I'll add to that...

Devil's Backbone: super tacky hero dirt. No mud. Get it before it gets dry & loose.
    Continuing the trend...

Rabbit Mountain was bone dry last night, which probably means Hall and Heil are good as well.

mtbr member
    As of Saturday, all of the Bootleg Canyon, NV trails are totally dry.

That is Kyle Strait in the photo - no sh1t.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    As of Saturday, all of the Bootleg Canyon, NV trails are totally dry.

That is Kyle Strait in the photo - no sh1t.
    Sweet but uh... I would expect your shot to be of him riding toward you, not riding away.

Slacker.

Looks like you had a good time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Sweet but uh... I would expect your shot to be of him riding toward you, not riding away.

Slacker.

Looks like you had a good time.
    I had a total blast, but very few pictures. I was only around Kyle Strait for a few minutes. I lost track of him after a while and never saw him again. I never really took the time to take action shots and only rode shuttles on Saturday, pedaled / pushed my way up to the top several times on Thursday and Friday, so I didn't really have much to report on my trip out there. I needed a riding buddy to go along. Oh well, next time, I guess.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Thats the first pic of him I've seen with his wheels actually on the ground!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Thats the first pic of him I've seen with his wheels actually on the ground!
    It is a rare occurrence, but I was able to capture it.

Aug 2004
    Oh well, next time, I guess.
    Yep...

You should've given him the ol' "Dude, I am like your BIGGEST FAN - here, let me show you this trick I learned last week!!! OMG, OMG....OMG - would you like, sign my chamios or something?!! Let's go ride wheelies together!!"

Did you end up taking both bikes?

Are we still on for Sunday / GJ?

mtbr member
    Yep...

You should've given him the ol' "Dude, I am like your BIGGEST FAN - here, let me show you this trick I learned last week!!! OMG, OMG....OMG - would you like, sign my chamios or something?!! Let's go ride wheelies together!!"

Did you end up taking both bikes?

Are we still on for Sunday / GJ?
    Nah - I just talked to the other people around him out loud how much he sucks and pretended I didn't know who he was.

I only brought the big bike down. It's starting to not look too good for Sunday now for me because I have season tickets to the Colorado Mammoth and they have their last home game on Sunday and the old lady sounds like she's gonna be p1ssed if I don't make it. Her b-day is on Saturday and all... I'm gonna have to feel it out. I'd rather meet up with you guys in GJ again, but we'll have to see.

Aug 2004
    I only brought the big bike down. It's starting to not look too good for Sunday now for me because I have season tickets to the Colorado Mammoth and they have their last home game on Sunday and the old lady sounds like she's gonna be p1ssed if I don't make it. Her b-day is on Saturday and all.
    Try this:

Stand w/ your feet about shoulder length apart, raise your right hand toward your left ear, with the back of your hand facing her (be sure to puff your chest out - cornish game hen style - while doing this). Now, in your deepest voice say "B1tch, if ah told ya once, I told ya a million times, I'm going ridin' with the boys - now don't be givin' me no lip! Get back in the kitchen and fry me up some Cheezy Poofs, and be quick about it!!"

They love it when you show them that you're in charge.

mtbr member
    Try this:

Stand w/ your feet about shoulder length apart, raise your right hand toward your left ear, with the back of your hand facing her (be sure to puff your chest out - cornish game hen style - while doing this). Now, in your deepest voice say "B1tch, if ah told ya once, I told ya a million times, I'm going ridin' with the boys - now don't be givin' me no lip! Get back in the kitchen and fry me up some Cheezy Poofs, and be quick about it!!"

Thanks, but I tried that already. I now have a black eye.

mtbr member
    Try this:

Ok, ok. I think I have it worked out now. Actually, I just found out the game has been changed to Saturday night, so I'm almost positive I can meet you guys out in GJ on Sunday. It would have to be after 11 or so (which is when Joel seems to get up anyway).

Aug 2004
    Ok, ok. I think I have it worked out now. Actually, I just found out the game has been changed to Saturday night, so I'm almost positive I can meet you guys out in GJ on Sunday. It would have to be after 11 or so (which is when Joel seems to get up anyway).
    Sweeeeeeeettttt.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Well, I'm guessing that today put us back a couple of days on the drying, especially up top of Apex and MW, etc. It seemed like the snow line was around 6500'