mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Texas to Colorado June 2-10

Going on a trip to MTB in Colorado and Utah in early June. Our original plan was to start in Durango and ride the Hermosa Creek trail and something called Star Wars. We are then heading to Moab to ride The Whole Enchilada, some slick rock and go Jeep'n for a day. Then we were planning to go to Keystone and ride some downhill.....Until I found out today that We are a week early for Keystone. So can anyone recommend a new location for the last leg of our trip? We want some downhill/bike park type riding with some xcountry riding as well.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Crested Butte? or head back to Durango for more fun?

You will probably have to "earn your turns" for DH at that time of year. Telluride maybe?

Its still to early to say what will still be covered in snow. But looks like we are leaning on the side of having more stuff open earlier then usual.

Have fun!

www.singletrackmapping.com
    Ft. Collins & Lyons – Golden – Buffalo Creek – Durango – Phil’s World – Crested Butte

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    A DHer from Texas? This can't end well.

Except when I'm driving
    Mar 2012
    At the Lunch Loops in Grand Junction you can shuttle up Little Park Road and get about a 3 mile downhill ride in, multiple options of ways down that have plenty of drops and crazy sh**. You can go farther up Little Park Road to the Ribbon Trail, about a 6-7 mile descent most on slickrock with a little climbing involved, most of the climbing is walk-a-bike though. You can get to the top of the Lunch Loops from the bottom of the Ribbon with not too much effort. From the top of the Lunch Loops you can climb a little ways and hit up Free Lunch, a freeride area with lots of gnarly drops that you can mess yourself up real bad on or you can take multiple other trails down like the famous Holy Cross (Not really downhill but techy fun stuff for sure). There are many trails like a 1/2 mile long scattered throughout the area with sweet jumps and drops, look for the black diamonds or double blacks and that usually means drops and jumps. I usually just ride up the Lunch Loops and don't shuttle but I don't ride a downhill bike either. Plus the lunch loops are right next to Fruita with tons of awesome XC riding. GJ and Fruita are around 1.5 hours from Moab.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank TJ View Post
    Going on a trip to MTB in Colorado and Utah in early June. Our original plan was to start in Durango and ride the Hermosa Creek trail and something called Star Wars. We are then heading to Moab to ride The Whole Enchilada, some slick rock and go Jeep'n for a day. Then we were planning to go to Keystone and ride some downhill.....Until I found out today that We are a week early for Keystone. So can anyone recommend a new location for the last leg of our trip? We want some downhill/bike park type riding with some xcountry riding as well.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Star Wars is a short section in Test Tracks (Durango Mountain Park), do not ride it up hill.
    Craig, Durango CO
    "Lighten up PAL" ... King Cage

Members who have read this thread: 0