Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day - Saturday, October 3rd- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day - Saturday, October 3rd

COMBA encourages you to PASS ON YOUR PASSION for mountain biking!

Saturday, October 3rd is Take A Kid Mountain Biking Day (celebrated around the world). Join COMBA as we celebrate this event down at Bear Creek Lake Park (just outside of Morrison), from 9am to 1pm.

What's planned? Breakfast for starters, followed up by mini-workshops for the kids (rules of the trail, simple bike maintenance, bike skills, environmental education) and of course, exploring the dirt trails in the park in small group rides (adults are welcome to ride along too!) and then we'll finish off with lunch.

Green Mountain Sports will be providing a bike mechanic to make sure all of your rides are in tip-top shape.

Best of all, thanks to our sponsors, we are able to offer all of this to you at no charge! (including park entry fees). Don't have children of your own? Invite a neice or nephew, or the neighbor's kid down the street. We are targeting children from 6-14 (no training wheels).

So what are you waiting for? Free breakfast and lunch, bike tuneups, educational workshops, singletrack, and FUN! ***Space is limited***, so please register by 5PM Wednesday, September 30th by going here to register.

One final note, to pull off an event like this successfully we'll need some volunteers to help out that day (placing signs, distributing food, course marshalls)-- please contact Nate Wyant at [email protected] if you can lend a hand.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I hope to lend a hand. Just need to check the wife's schedule in the AM.

Very cool program!

Heads up Flyboy!!
    Plan on being there with my oldest daughter(4) and her on the Adams Trail a bike. She's very capable on the Bear Creek Lake Trails on it...Last time we were out there she made 10 miles with me. Just about got her training wheels free on her two wheeler but not enough for her to be on her own....yet.

crd
    ride like a girl
    Quote Originally Posted by wyantn
    One final note, to pull off an event like this successfully we'll need some volunteers to help out that day (placing signs, distributing food, course marshalls)-- please contact Nate Wyant at [email protected] if you can lend a hand.
    Just sent an email; me and my daughter would love to assist! She is such an inspiration; 15 and rocks on the mtn bike.

pueblo-arilowerdog_0921.jpg

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    mmm pueblo? mail sent...

see you all!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Only 2 days left to register kids for the event!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Last day to register. Registration closes at 5pm today.

not actually bad :)
    Any reports/pix from anyone - wyantn, 2wheelfunman, gotdirt, crd, MGE?
    My 11 yr old son was there and said he had a blast.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't tag along with him, so he went with his friend and his friend's brother and dad.
    The time never works out on this for me. I wanted to go the past 3 years, and haven't made it yet!
    I have been needing to get his rear derailer dialed in, but keep forgetting and just messing with it on the trail, not getting it perfect. He said some guys (COMBA?) played with it for quite a little bit and got it going good for him.
    THANKS!!
    Old Codger

hehe ...you said "member"
    Missed it too (soccer and football) but my neighbors said that they had a blast! Its always the highlight for the kids to get to do the stream crossings - they love that stuff,
    Way to go COMBA - we have had a lot of fun at TKMBD in the past.

bad andy- Corky(owner) and GM Sports are usually on hand to wrench on anyone's bike that needs help. At least I know they have supported this ride in the past. Green Mtn Sports is a great LBS and I've always had excellent service there ... highly recommended.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy!
    Any reports/pix from anyone - wyantn, 2wheelfunman, gotdirt, crd, MGE?
    My 11 yr old son was there and said he had a blast.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't tag along with him, so he went with his friend and his friend's brother and dad.
    The time never works out on this for me. I wanted to go the past 3 years, and haven't made it yet!
    I have been needing to get his rear derailer dialed in, but keep forgetting and just messing with it on the trail, not getting it perfect. He said some guys (COMBA?) played with it for quite a little bit and got it going good for him.
    THANKS!!
    It was good time and I think there were over 60 kids there. I brought my oldest son with me. He was surprised when I wasn't a ride leader for his group, but I think that made it a better experience for him.

The food was awesome! Very well run!

1. Ian in full AACR Tour of Hope gear.
    2. Lot's of kids
    3. I was a co-leader with the Trips for Kids group. I have to say that Andy is remarkable as a leader for this. I could never do what he does because I just don't have the patience. That guy deserves an award.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heads up Flyboy!!
    COMBA rocked the "Take a Kids Mountain Biking Day". Ayla and myself shut the site down riding well into the afternoon after every one else left. To be fair though, we one of only two trail a bikes that I saw.

all the words and pictures

hehe ...you said "member"
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoatepics
    MGE - great post ... and your daughter is a cutie.
    My kids love the trails down at BCLP - sounds like yours is hooked for sure.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

Yappy little dog!
    COMBA rocked the "Take a Kids Mountain Biking Day". Ayla and myself shut the site down riding well into the afternoon after every one else left. To be fair though, we one of only two trail a bikes that I saw.

all the words and pictures

Nice job!

I can't ride 45!

Yes very nice, good seeing you and your little one on the trail.

Members who have read this thread: 0