Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

stupid forum question

687 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Nickle 
#1 ·
When not logged in, each thread in the forum has links to the pages in the thread, i.e., 1 2 3 .... When logged in, they are not there and I have to go into the thread to get to the individual page links. Major PITA. :madmax: :madman: :mad:

Is there some forum display option I can't find that controls this?

#5 ·
Another option would be to go oldschool on this forum's ass and add the page number query string variable (&page=XX) to the address bar. For instance, if I wanted to view page 14 of the "official role call" thread, this would be in my address bar:
forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=2610&page=14

I think that is the original internetz hack, as lame as that sounds.

Or, you could do what Moustache_rider recommended and actually change your setting appropriately.

#6 ·
Nickle said:
Another option would be to go oldschool on this forum's ass and add the page number query string variable (&page=XX) to the address bar. For instance, if I wanted to view page 14 of the "official role call" thread, this would be in my address bar:
forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=2610&page=14

I think that is the original internetz hack, as lame as that sounds.

Or, you could do what Moustache_rider recommended and actually change your setting appropriately.
Adding the page number to the query string doesn't really help unless you happen to know how many pages there are. Sheesh...young internet punks. :p

#8 ·
TooManyToyz said:
Adding the page number to the query string doesn't really help unless you happen to know how many pages there are. Sheesh...young internet punks. :p
Sure you do. Before clicking the thread, observe the number of post in the thread. Divide that number by your setting for "number of posts displayed per page" (you know, that little thing everyone here is trying to get you to change), round up to the nearest whole number and bingo, the number of possible pages.

Never said my way was easier, just trying to give you another option. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.