mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Spring Brook hit it now (early)

I rode up CR67 for the first time today. I was dressed for anything except mid-50s and totally calm. What a difference from two days ago. Anyhoo, it was gettin' kinda slushy later in my ride but if you hit it early enough it'll still be sort of frozen and warm enough. I never encountered what I'd call "mud" because the road has a real gravelly roadbase on top and Spring Brook was either a)dry b)covered in ice or c)covered in snow that on the way in I rode over but I sank down in on the way back.

I wonder if this was that "bridge to nowhere" they were talking about during the elections.

The herd of 20 or so deer were hanging by the road. On my way back down the road two of them literally sprang in one spring across the road, together, all choreographed and everything. I wonder if they planned that for my benefit?
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 05:01 AM.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

skillz to pay billz
    Nice. Gotta love these temps.

I just did a 29er (dirt) road ride over to west mag, the winds are picking up again. There were about 100 elk in the meadow. Beautiful orange sunset. Pedaled about three times on the way back.

Members who have read this thread: 0