Candlestick Maker

Silverthorne fat bike trail suggestions?

I'm in Silverthorne for a few days. Anyone have some fat bike trail suggestions? I'd prefer something that I can ride to from town. I'm staying up in Wildernest. I don't mind a little pushing if it gets me somewhere interesting or a fun downhill.

Thanks!
    baker

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Good choice. The preserve is frozen footprints, super choppy, and mud in between so frozen rides only!

When up in Frisco, I tend to snow-ride on the Peaks Trail (South from third stopsign in downtown frisco) if packed down by hikers/snowshoes, or up 10 Mile Wilderness to the boundary and back down (park on the Right as you exit the 2nd Frisco exit).

A bit more of a drive is Mayflower Gulch - up past Copper, head towards Leadville about 5 miles, on your left is a parking lot/ski trail. If Packed, very ridable, and gets you to the old mine and cabin up there.

Have fun!

Candlestick Maker
    Thx for the suggestions, Jon. There appears to be a couple short trails that I can ride right around here. Unfortunately, they lead to Wilderness, so they'll be quick out and backs. I'm not sure I'll get much time dedicated to riding, anyway. It's really a trip to teach the munchkins how to ski. If I get a little dedicated riding time, I may check out some of those suggestions. I have done the Peaks trail, but not in real snow, just a dusting.

baker
    baker

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Peaks is a great ski trail.

Members who have read this thread: 0