hi all
    does anybdy run the hutchinson toro 2.15 xc marathon
    i was going to pick up a set of kenda smallblock
    but the shop guy said he had too many flats with his
    so i think i will try the toro
    what do you run in the winter?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I've been running a set of SB8s for about half dozen plus rides, no issues with flatting so far.

On all my tires I've had the vast majority of flats (~90%) from goat heads. D*mn things.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I just bought a pair of these, standard, not tubeless. By "just bought," I mean on my way out from work this evening. First of all, they went on SO EASILY! I've had Contis, Michelins, and Panracers, and they were all a bit of a pain to get to seat. Side 1 took a LITTLE bit of a pull to get on, and side 2 was actually EASIER to push on. I put about 40 PSI in, and the tires seated themselves. I haven't taken them into the dirt yet, but they roll MUCH faster than the Fire XCs I had on over the pavement. The hardskin sure FEELS tough, but only time will tell. If my schedule permits, I think I'll be running them through some wet dirt on Tuesday.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I have the 1.8 size (I only weigh about 130 but I do ride hard so a bigger size would be best), mine are UST though. I havent gotten a chance to ride them in the snow (I'm too much of a wimp and it's butt cold out there) but I raced them and have riden them a lot and they truely are great tires for most conditons. Great in sand, rocks... you name it. I did have a lot of problems with the small size though, mostly my fault for running such a small size though...
    I say go with the Toro.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Alright, I was able to spend a half-hour in the dirt today, between rain showers. They were nice and grippy, but didn't cake up with mud. They rolled quickly and accelerated well. The knobs are a bit smaller than the Fire XCs I'm used to, but they seemed to corner fairly well. I'll withhold m final verdict until I've done a few more hours on them, but so far these seem to be pretty great tires.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Good job! cudas

Try the Hutch baracudas 2.3 UST ..Toro's are for racer boys

Ride Everything
    I just mounted a 2.15 Toro UST, and it measured only 49.5mm (on a Cane Creek Zonos rim). I'm somewhat disappointed, as my Barracudas all measure much closer to the claimed width.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

Members who have read this thread: 0