mtbr member
    Aug 2004

sampled a Scott Nitrous 11 today...

man! i must say. this was an awesome bike! got a chance ot take it to palmer and hit my usual stuff. checked in at 30# !! light! full XT package, including hubs. im sure many of you have been following my pursuit of the perfect long travel good climber, pedaler bike. i think im 99% there with this one. check out their site:

nitrous 11

oh, btw, did i say im STILL shopping and researching?!?!?!

anyways, i hear its Scott's first year over here in the US. but they tell me its a big seller over in Europe.

anyone have any input on this ride? it had a nixon on the front with a trick little push button that i could lower or raise the travel (kinda hydraulically or something) instantly. very cool.

the bike performed flawlessly (for me, but what do i know). very easy to pedal, very nice climber (did i mention the instant fork??)

my questions are more about me than the bike on this thread.

i loved the bike, it did everything i wanted it to do. had a ton of travel (7x6 i think). but it was a medium. i tend to favor a large (6 ft, 185#) and wasnt sure if a longer stem would fix it or not. the seat was back as far as it would go. dont get me wrong, it felt 98% OK, im just not all that familiar with how its SUPPOSED to feel. i never hit my knee armor (and its pretty thick, MX armor actually--till i find something more mtb oriented), and i didnt really have any problems climbing. my thougths were to have the smallest bike i could (weight, handling, etc) with out being too small. but there were times today when i missed my steer horns from the old univega. am i just too used to the stretched out feeling of my old uni, or this loaner dakar ive been hating, or do i need ot consider a large (longer stem being a bandaid rather than a large frame).

trouble is, the LBS offered a great deal, considering id have to take this actual bike. hmmmm. im sure theyd swap out the stem.

any thoughts? on the bike? on my sizing?

thanks guys!

mike

ps im getting so close! cant wait to hook up with you for the new season. its been fun reading your posts and keeping up with what you are all doing. thanks again to all who have in putted in the past, adn to those inputting now. i really appreciate it.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Looks pretty nice Mike, but at 4K you could easily get something more proven with the same components. The medium size had a 22.6" top tube which is pretty short at your size, the large had a 23.5" TT which would probably fit you better, personally I would go with the large and a shorter stem.

It looks like a low single pivot design which means the suspension could be affected by braking and probably won't be as snappy a climber as a 4 bar design, but I really don't know cause I've never heard anything about the Scotts. If your really interested I would call Scott and tell them how your gonna ride it and talk to them about their warranty policy, it looks like it's built solid but 30lbs at 6-7" of travel is pretty light.-Rick

locked - time out
    $4k? XT? You can do WAY better than that

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    The XT stuff is pretty nice nowadays, plus it has the rapidfire shifters and not the lame dual control. The component spec looks nice, it's the frame I would be leary of.

eci
    Ironhorse 7point7 3500 at supergo. Better design and parts, Check out the ironhorse forum for the first spotting

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

such as....?

see next, ooops!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

such as....?

fine, gimme some more suggestions!

looking long travel, good pedaling, and climbing and of course, light!

(i believe this is part of a famous quote somewhere...."pick two"??)

ha ha!

WHAT AM I GONNA DOOOOOOOOOOO!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

HA pretty slack....

Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    Ironhorse 7point7 3500 at supergo. Better design and parts, Check out the ironhorse forum for the first spotting
    would prefer no slacker than a 68.5 HA. and i know whatever it is, it slackens when you sit on it unless you are PERFECTLY balanced between the two wheels. just not sure about those more FRish bikes.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman
    would prefer no slacker than a 68.5 HA. and i know whatever it is, it slackens when you sit on it unless you are PERFECTLY balanced between the two wheels. just not sure about those more FRish bikes.
    >>> i beleive you should just go to walmart. You have ridden every nice bike and found something wrong with it. Buy a POS ride it then ride a good bike (FXR, NITROUS, 7P7 yada yada) and GET OVER IT!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

i hear ya!

>>> i beleive you should just go to walmart. You have ridden every nice bike and found something wrong with it. Buy a POS ride it then ride a good bike (FXR, NITROUS, 7P7 yada yada) and GET OVER IT!
    for the record, ask anyone who knows me well, i return half of everything i buy, and never even buy the other half, cuz, yes, there is something wrong with it. engineer's curse i reckon.

im just investing a ton of money here, on somehting that CANT be returned. so im being really picky. also, been out of the loop for several years, and the last 6 months of research has been painstaking at best. i wish i had your all's knowledge base, and i guess thats what im trying to do by posting and questioning and such, here.

anyways.... i know your just kidding anyway right? right

alot of what ive ridden is great, has been great., but again, as rick so nicely put it a few months ago,....mr. flip flop!

thanks rick

i can assur you all, that when i do find a bike, im gonna have a BIG party for all who have chimed in, weather nice or mean so hang with me a little while longer.

and o, btw, when i do get a bike, gimme a few weeks and ill be STOMPIN ALL YOUR BUTTS!

just kidding

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    This is what I would get!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Yeti, Turner, Ventana

Talk to anyone who has any of these bikes and they will tell you that they are the BEST. Personally I can't/wont afford any of em. I got a Weyless XP PRO, great spec, nice ride, I love it, paid $1750. If you want the BEST bike, get a turner 5 spot, Ventana x5, Yeti 575, a very nice rig can be had for $3500. If you are someone who is never happy with anything, get the cheapest bike possible so at least you aint wastin $.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

never heard of it....

Quote Originally Posted by bikeandski
    This is what I would get!
    but, checked out the site, i like the 69 HA. and the rear linkage is interesting. any more info?

mike

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    but, checked out the site, i like the 69 HA. and the rear linkage is interesting. any more info?

mike
    Letís see, I have never had a chance to ride a splinter but I can say that Sinister makes ridiculous frames. All of there frames are welded by the legendary Frank the Welder. I have a Sinister DNA, it is sweet.
    I doubt that you would be able to find one anywhere to test out before buying. Matt (Elroy) at Mojo Wheels tested one at Interbike and was very impressed. I would like to get ride of my Heckler and get one but I have a new DH bike on the way so that wonít be possible. Mojo Wheels can get them if youíre interested.

Brent

eci

mike
    Sick sick bike, def worth the $$$.

As far as my above post you must be a girl, because no guy is that indecisive.

Yeah i know your spending alot of cash, So does the rest of us when we buy a new ride. I can list alot of great bikes that i would love to own. There are so many models of great feeling rides its amazing. Also i think a BYO is best of you. that way you get everything you want first try. my 2 cents

Stand back

enduro pro?

mike
    how closely have you checked out the '05 spec. enduros? Just based on my parking lot test, I'd say it'd fit the bill. A little too quick steering for my taste, but then I'm just planning on suffering a little more on the ups, and a bit less on the downs...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Professional Lurker
    Dude, if you liked the Scott and have $4K, then go for it. You can be the CO Ambassador for Scott. I've read a few things about Scott and how they were fairing in EU, and they were all positive. So we must assume that it's a proven design (at least in EU) by a reputable company. Seven inches of rear wheel travel and it STILL has a triple chainring? AND is 30lbs? Not bad....not bad at all....

My 2 cents: if you're going to sweat all the details like HA, top tube length, etc., NO BIKE is going to be good enough for you. You gotta pick your battles and go with something that closely enough satisfies all your requirements. You're an engineer, you especially should understand that.

Other than that, get out and ride!!!
    I have no idea what I'm talking about...But yeah, that sounds about right.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

enduro pro is also on my list

Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    how closely have you checked out the '05 spec. enduros? Just based on my parking lot test, I'd say it'd fit the bill. A little too quick steering for my taste, but then I'm just planning on suffering a little more on the ups, and a bit less on the downs...
    I was supposed to ride an 05 pro sunday, but the owner was sick and we didnt get to hook up. i rode it parking lot and short trail, hopped off a few loading docks, very soft, but pedals well. 6 months ago when i first started looking, the 04 expert was my first ride. nice i thought, but then i got more into the heaver builds and thought the enduro's were too light. but after 6 months, im back to square one in that respect. i really like the enduro and am looking fwd to trail riding one soon. i ahve another post on the DH forum regarding the pro and the SX trail. both frames are IDENTICAL but the SX has a coil. id like to try out an SX but with the fork that comes with the pro (btw, the owner of the pro is having trouble withthe RC 36 fork, called fox and they told him it didnt have a problem, huh? how'd they know without seeing it? dunno.) anyways.... yes, gonna ride a pro soon.

yea, im leary of the scott frame as well, and think sure i can get a BYO for the money, but i dont know what to build. looking, looking, looking.

and Snowskilz, dude, help me out here. im trying!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

thanks K....

Quote Originally Posted by SilentK
    Dude, if you liked the Scott and have $4K, then go for it. You can be the CO Ambassador for Scott. I've read a few things about Scott and how they were fairing in EU, and they were all positive. So we must assume that it's a proven design (at least in EU) by a reputable company. Seven inches of rear wheel travel and it STILL has a triple chainring? AND is 30lbs? Not bad....not bad at all....

My 2 cents: if you're going to sweat all the details like HA, top tube length, etc., NO BIKE is going to be good enough for you. You gotta pick your battles and go with something that closely enough satisfies all your requirements. You're an engineer, you especially should understand that.

Other than that, get out and ride!!!
    totally agreed, and thanks for the vote of confidence on the scott. im sure they are proven over there. why CAN'T a bike be 30 lbs, and be OK for my XXC use??

i do understand the compromise portion, just havntt decided what i wanna compromise on.

oops, gotta go, morning meeting.....back soon

locked - time out
    fine, gimme some more suggestions!

looking long travel, good pedaling, and climbing and of course, light!

(i believe this is part of a famous quote somewhere...."pick two"??)

ha ha!

WHAT AM I GONNA DOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Enduro SX Trail, C'Dale Prophet (never owned a C'Dale - but am very intrigued by this bike) - the thing is - there are a TON of nice bikes to be had for less than 4K, so many in fact that I could spend the better part of the day trying to list them all. If I were you, I would check out the Prophet if you haven't already, it sounds like a sweet ride that is very close to what you are looking for, and the Lefty fork is sure to appeal to the engineer side of you. I'm just of the opinion that there is really no need to spend 4K to get a nice bike unless it is THE bike that you have been dreaming of. My AC1 for example, cost 3K new - within a year though, you could find them for $1500 - I bought mine new for $1400. The good thing is that technology changes so quickly that today's wiz bang gazillion dollar wunderbike is tommorrow's clearance deal. Is tommorrow's bike better? I don't know - but it might help to put things into perspective if you ask those bemoaning Manitou's use of SPV on newer forks. My opinion is that newer is not always better, and that 2 bikes marked down half price (but still "new") to $1500 beat 1 bike, brand new and full price @ $4000 anyday. Sorry, I know this doesn't offer much in the way of suggestions, but it might be something to think about.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

thanks s1ngletrack

Enduro SX Trail, C'Dale Prophet (never owned a C'Dale - but am very intrigued by this bike) - the thing is - there are a TON of nice bikes to be had for less than 4K, so many in fact that I could spend the better part of the day trying to list them all. If I were you, I would check out the Prophet if you haven't already, it sounds like a sweet ride that is very close to what you are looking for, and the Lefty fork is sure to appeal to the engineer side of you. I'm just of the opinion that there is really no need to spend 4K to get a nice bike unless it is THE bike that you have been dreaming of. My AC1 for example, cost 3K new - within a year though, you could find them for $1500 - I bought mine new for $1400. The good thing is that technology changes so quickly that today's wiz bang gazillion dollar wunderbike is tommorrow's clearance deal. Is tommorrow's bike better? I don't know - but it might help to put things into perspective if you ask those bemoaning Manitou's use of SPV on newer forks. My opinion is that newer is not always better, and that 2 bikes marked down half price (but still "new") to $1500 beat 1 bike, brand new and full price @ $4000 anyday. Sorry, I know this doesn't offer much in the way of suggestions, but it might be something to think about.
    the lefty freaks my brain out when i ride it, but perhaps i could get used to it. and im not thrilled about their advertising methodology on that bike (but I'll save that for another forum).

good input, thanks.

mike

Stand back

prophet?

the lefty freaks my brain out when i ride it, but perhaps i could get used to it. and im not thrilled about their advertising methodology on that bike (but I'll save that for another forum).

good input, thanks.

mike
    As much as it pains me when other people do it, I'm forced to say it: The prophet does not look like it can take much of a beating. I think I saw somewhere in Bicycling magazine a test saying it weighs 27-28 lbs (dpending on model) which further reinforces my knee jerk reaction. I think, at the very least, the wheels on a bike that light aren't gonna be up to the abuse.
    And if you haven't seen it yet, you should pick up the new MB UK, it's got a shootout of the Scott Nitrous, along with another I thought you should look at, the Marin (can't remember the model name).
    And differences b/t the SX and Enduro - the SX frame is built of different grade of aluminum, it's also not butted and minimized to the extent that the S works is, so it's probably a little stronger b/c of that.
    Golden Bike Park

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

excellent! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    As much as it pains me when other people do it, I'm forced to say it: The prophet does not look like it can take much of a beating. I think I saw somewhere in Bicycling magazine a test saying it weighs 27-28 lbs (dpending on model) which further reinforces my knee jerk reaction. I think, at the very least, the wheels on a bike that light aren't gonna be up to the abuse.
    And if you haven't seen it yet, you should pick up the new MB UK, it's got a shootout of the Scott Nitrous, along with another I thought you should look at, the Marin (can't remember the model name).
    And differences b/t the SX and Enduro - the SX frame is built of different grade of aluminum, it's also not butted and minimized to the extent that the S works is, so it's probably a little stronger b/c of that.
    i will get a copy of MB UK and check it out!! thanks

eci
    i will get a copy of MB UK and check it out!! thanks
    Get a crackintail prophet. The 1000 part spec is pretty dope. Plus you will never find a fork as nice as the lefty. The way the shock is positioned is perfect too. Perfect for everything you can throw at it. Also its got over 5 inches of travel. single pivot spv. and cheaper then the sinister.

eci
    How much money you have to spend on this bike?

locked - time out
    Get a crackintail prophet. The 1000 part spec is pretty dope. Plus you will never find a fork as nice as the lefty. The way the shock is positioned is perfect too. Perfect for everything you can throw at it. Also its got over 5 inches of travel. single pivot spv. and cheaper then the sinister.
    Mmm... I figure that if a fruitloop like Cedric can race MTX on a lefty (even if he is super smooth) - it would probably be just fine as long as you're not dropping it off of big / flat stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

money? you asking me?

if your asking me, 6 months ago i had a budget of 2k, as time went on, the more i learned, the more i was willling to go higher. but im always open to bringing it back down. i just dont want to get something for 2k and wind up putting 2k into it over the next year. but that may be an alternative too, since i would be more into things and more learned. but i dunno. basically i want whats going to work for me and ill pay for it.

the prophet is out, like i said i dont want to support their advertising methods and the lefty freaks my brain out when i ride it.

my main riding style is XXC with the occasional epic thrown in here and there. so i need beef, pedalability and good climbing. i know ive said it all before, but i still believe there is a bike like that out there.

the lightness of the Scott was really great, and it handled very well. i have no problems with the price. still need to scoot on the enduro pro and still waiting for a titus super moto to try out.

there is no way i can build a bike with out ever riding a demo. so thats why i kinda went back to the LBS bikes, since they "exist". unless the built bikes are available (like the ventana a while back), they're pretty much out.

back to your question. on a scale from $ to $$$$$, id say probably $$$$$

mike

Stand back

Motolite!

Seems to me Motolite is more in line with what you're looking for, unless you're a big fella, then I'd say Supermoto. And the Motolites are in stock at WRC... Gotta be at least as tough as the C'dale Profit that everyone else is so excited about...
    Golden Bike Park

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

cant find MBUK

i checked barns and nobel and borders, neither have the MBUK magazine. any suggestions?

mike

mtbr member
    i checked barns and nobel and borders, neither have the MBUK magazine. any suggestions?

mike
    Barnes & Noble downtown denver is where I get mine (MBUK) every month.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

thanks

will keep and eye down here in the springs for it.

have you read the nitrous review yet? any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

got an email from an actual owner....

here is his initial report:

"I'll be honest, i was aprehensive about buying the bike (due to the fact the guys i ride with have xc race bikes) but since buying it i have realised its all i hoped for and a lot more.....

i have converted all my riding buddies who are now in the process of buying xxc/freeride bikes at the minute!

Firstly, the geometry of the bike is awesome, you don't feel cramped while climbing yet it still feels aggresive for DH. You do sit a little higher than on a DH bike but its no problem. I feel confident throwing the bike around.

Secondly the suspension is excellent. The nixon super is getting rave reviews over here (they now have a nixon platinum which is the same as the super but lighter) its really plush and doesn't sag. The manitou 4-way swinger is the best bit about the bike. Zero bob while riding uphil but an awesome amount of plush travel on the DH.

The tyres aren't so good but thats not a problem, easily changed. The brakes are standerd Shmano XC generally a good brake with a big front rotar.

The bike is quite heavy at 31lbs but worth every lb for the DH. Its awesome fun!"

end quote

i have to laugh about his "quite heavy" comment. arent we all looking for bikes that we can get DOWN to 31lbs?!?!?

anyways, food for thought

mike

rr
    I don't do PC
    here is his initial report:

"I'll be honest, i was aprehensive about buying the bike (due to the fact the guys i ride with have xc race bikes) but since buying it i have realised its all i hoped for and a lot more.....

i have converted all my riding buddies who are now in the process of buying xxc/freeride bikes at the minute!

Firstly, the geometry of the bike is awesome, you don't feel cramped while climbing yet it still feels aggresive for DH. You do sit a little higher than on a DH bike but its no problem. I feel confident throwing the bike around.

Secondly the suspension is excellent. The nixon super is getting rave reviews over here (they now have a nixon platinum which is the same as the super but lighter) its really plush and doesn't sag. The manitou 4-way swinger is the best bit about the bike. Zero bob while riding uphil but an awesome amount of plush travel on the DH.

The tyres aren't so good but thats not a problem, easily changed. The brakes are standerd Shmano XC generally a good brake with a big front rotar.

The bike is quite heavy at 31lbs but worth every lb for the DH. Its awesome fun!"

end quote

i have to laugh about his "quite heavy" comment. arent we all looking for bikes that we can get DOWN to 31lbs?!?!?

anyways, food for thought

mike
    Sounds like a euro owner, those guys are all XC weenie geeks Whats the warranty on the bike? is there someone here in the US you can go to with a problem? I have read some reports here on this board about frame failures(not sure which model) but that could of been fixed.

This bike looks like a beefy trailbike but will it hold up to light FR stuff and drops? IMO, why take a chance when there are sooo many other choices that are proven and ride just as good-and made here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

rick, rick, rick....

here's the scoop. i know there are plenty of great rides, but i cannot and willl not buy anything with out riding it, and riding in on trails im used to. (thank you for your fxr demo--btw, i probably should ride it again). so that narrows down my search. i ahve been fortunate to get a palmer park ride on your fxr, the heckler, the ventana el chamuco, and this nitrous. an enduro pro soon to follow. but like i told the other poster above, sure you can tell me there are plenty, but tell me which, and CAN I RIDE IT ON MY TRAILS???

im really at my wits end here. do i spend 4k on a bike and hope its the best for me. do i spend 2k and upgrade it over the next year for another 2k and hope its for me. do i get leftover 04 or 03 something for cheap and upgrade it? i dunno. im havent been in the loop for ever and am learning as i go, so i have only that to go on.

so rick, what do you recommend?

the fxr is only 5x5 right? i know you think hte inferno is butt ugly, but MTBaction just did a review and liked it alot (course what magazine writes about loser bikes). but im guessing its heavy and the HA is probably too slack

rr
    I don't do PC
    here's the scoop. i know there are plenty of great rides, but i cannot and willl not buy anything with out riding it, and riding in on trails im used to. (thank you for your fxr demo--btw, i probably should ride it again). so that narrows down my search. i ahve been fortunate to get a palmer park ride on your fxr, the heckler, the ventana el chamuco, and this nitrous. an enduro pro soon to follow. but like i told the other poster above, sure you can tell me there are plenty, but tell me which, and CAN I RIDE IT ON MY TRAILS???

im really at my wits end here. do i spend 4k on a bike and hope its the best for me. do i spend 2k and upgrade it over the next year for another 2k and hope its for me. do i get leftover 04 or 03 something for cheap and upgrade it? i dunno. im havent been in the loop for ever and am learning as i go, so i have only that to go on.

so rick, what do you recommend?

the fxr is only 5x5 right? i know you think hte inferno is butt ugly, but MTBaction just did a review and liked it alot (course what magazine writes about loser bikes). but im guessing its heavy and the HA is probably too slack
    Sorry, but the flames and the curvy top tube are just ugly to me, plus I think it's a mushy pedaler compared to the FXR or other effecient trailbikes. MTBaction has a history of shitty reviews too.

What do I recommend?, well I have made a lot of suggestions already but I would say some of the bikes you tested are top notch and if you're not happy with those then you could be searching for a long time. I think you want a long travel trailbike that pedals like an XC bike and can handle decent size drops and jumps like a FR bike, not sure if that exists. Unfortunately, a lot of the upper end bikes are not gonna be available for an actual trail test ride so that rules out some damn nice bikes.

If your happy with the ride of the Scott then go for it, but like I said earlier you might want to make sure they have a quality warranty. I had a horrible experience a few years back with a Truth, Ells. completely hosed me on the warranty.

Motion activated
    WildMan, you probability know this already (and it's already been said), but i'll say it anyway.

(1) There is no perfect bike and a do it all bike is a compromise.
    (2) Fit is the most important thing
    (3) Fit is always a compromise
    (4) Itís hard to know what / where to compromise fit unless you've been riding for years and experienced lots of bikes.
    (5) Bikes are like women, no matter how much you love the one you have, sooner or later you're going to want to ride a different one.
    (6) Bikes are money pits. Things break, don't fit or wear out.

Back in the early days of suspension, you had to spend a lot of money to get anything good. Now days it's not the case. That 4K bike is not a whole lot better that what you can get for 2K and in a few years you'll be able to get a bike better than that 4K bike for $1.5K.

I really don't think it's possible to buy the perfect bike, let alone the first time round. Every bike is compromised in some way and it's impossible to determine what compromises you're willing to live with long term until you're lived with them long term.

Anyhow, I'll step of the soapbox now . I'm sure you know all this but sometime itís easy to be blinded by newbikeitis.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

thanks steve...you are totally right

yes, i know all those things, but cant bring myself to make a decision. did i ever tell you how long it takes for me to find shoes?!

anyways....will take all this into account.

as i posted on another thread, just to let you know if you arent following that one too: ...

i know im getting really compulisve, adn you all are getting really annoyed. i still want ot try out hte enduro next weekend and perhaps get titus to send a SM demo to an LBS to try (already confirmed that they will do it, just need to plan when). but after that, i hope to have a decision.

but... just looking at the nitrous, doesnt it just make you drool. i mean, 7x6, pedals, climbs, and only weighs 31#?!?!? c'mon. why not! my only worries are the history of it. cant seem to get any feed back from europe! seemed strong enough to me!

so anyways, im out for the weekend starting tomorrow, and probably wont have internet access, so after tonight, wont talk to you again till sunday eve. (hey! no snide comments form the peanut gallery!)

tanks again guys, i know im making you crazy! you should see my wife!

later

mike

mtbr member

one more for you

In my opinion (like it really matters) look into the Gemini. It is 7 x 7 and pedals like a dream! It it a couple of pounds heavier... but it is super strong. Done 9' drops and climbed long distances on it. Pretty much never ride my xc bike anymore because it pedals just as well, and there is always potential for freeriding along the trail, that an xc bike couldn't take. If you make it to palmer this weekend you are more than welcome to pedal it around for a while. just my 2 cents. Enjoy whatever you decide... assuming that you do make a decision.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

thanks!

Ill take a rain check, Mr. Blue

ive ridden a gemini 900 several months back, but not at palmer, just the parking lot and some trails off of the sante fe trail here in hte springs. of all the FRish bikes ive ridden up to that point, it was, like you said, a good pedaler. so definitely, Id like to take you up on the offer

thanks

mike